• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR planner issue 06/04

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiyero

Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask. This Saturday I am thinking of going to London, I had quick look on the journey planner and there are direct trains (from Eastleigh) showing. I took this to mean no engineering works (I didn't study it but it showed 1hr 20 and no changes). I then made arrangements for my day and when I go back to look again it doesn't make sense.
There are still direct trains showing (XX:14) but also trains which require getting a bus to Winchester first (XX:30). I only really noticed it when trying to work out my return as no direct services are showing.

I assume that these direct services don't really exist but if the journey planner isn't right how can I know what is?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Quakkerillo

alistairlees

Established Member
Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask. This Saturday I am thinking of going to London, I had quick look on the journey planner and there are direct trains (from Eastleigh) showing. I took this to mean no engineering works (I didn't study it but it showed 1hr 20 and no changes). I then made arrangements for my day and when I go back to look again it doesn't make sense.
There are still direct trains showing (XX:14) but also trains which require getting a bus to Winchester first (XX:30). I only really noticed it when trying to work out my return as no direct services are showing.

I assume that these direct services don't really exist but if the journey planner isn't right how can I know what is?
See the advice here: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/211264.aspx
I realise it isn't entirely satisfactory, but it is at is.

Fiyero

See the advice here: http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/service_disruptions/211264.aspx
I realise it isn't entirely satisfactory, but it is at is.
Thanks. Does this line really get them out of it:
If you are travelling with South Western Railway, these changes are not currently shown in the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner, please check back nearer to the time of travel.

3 days before travel there should be up to date info surely, these aren’t emergency works are they?

infobleep

Veteran Member
If you are travelling with South Western Railway, these changes are not currently shown in the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner, please check back nearer to the time of travel.

3 days before travel there should be up to date info surely, these aren’t emergency works are they?
Another point is that if you want to travel from say West Norwood to Poole, no ticket price shows up if you travel on the direct train from Clapham Junction that is diverted via Havant.

Do they want passengers to travel via buses, to spread the load? Admittedly the bus route is 6 minutes faster than the total train route but rail replacement buses don't allow cycles on board.

I did Tweet SWR the other week but they didn't understand my question.

Joe Paxton

Established Member

It's pathetic.

infobleep

Veteran Member
It's pathetic.
Thai was happening a reasonable amount the other year. I thought we were almost back to t-12. Obviously that doesn't apply to late engineering works notices, which this might be.

Is it possible at all to speed up the process of amending the timetable or is the software used by staff very efficient already and it simply takes this long because it can't be done any faster?

infobleep

Veteran Member

One thing that did occur to me was that they were running extra trains for Portsmouth fans a week ago Saturday so maybe more work was involved because on this Saturday they wouldn't need the extra trains and that might mean different diagrams accordingly. 8 don't actually know. I'm not even sure how many extra trains ran.

Status
Not open for further replies.