• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sken

Quick question, i am due to travel on the 18:27 MAN -> BMH and then connect onto Weymouth tomorrow evening (07/12), these are advance split tickets with specific times (including BMH -> WEY section) and were brought before the strike was announced. The connecting train from BMH has been since been cancelled, so will SWR pay for a taxi? As i have been advised by XC my tickets may not be vaild on the earlier 17:27 from MAN which is the last train i can get home on.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dibbo4025

Quick question, i am due to travel on the 18:27 MAN -> BMH and then connect onto Weymouth tomorrow evening (07/12), these are advance split tickets with specific times (including BMH -> WEY section) and were brought before the strike was announced. The connecting train from BMH has been since been cancelled, so will SWR pay for a taxi? As i have been advised by XC my tickets may not be vaild on the earlier 17:27 from MAN which is the last train i can get home on.

Thanks in advance.

Since you booked before the strikes were announced you have the right to be transported in line with the itinerary you wrre given at this time, and so if travelling on the booked XC train made you miss the last connection you're entitled to alternative transportation or accommodation. However, SWR apparently take the view that no matter when you booked you should adjust to the new timetable and so obtaining the alternative provision is unlikely to be easy and might leave you having to pay out of your pocket and trying to claim back.

Personally I'd arrive in time for the earlier XC service if you can, explain to the guard and ask if you can travel, and if you are refused, decide then between taking the above risk or buying a new ticket and trying to claim this back, although the grounds for this claim would be slimmer imo

Edit: posted before finished typing

Joe Paxton

Established Member
Personally I'd arrive in time for the earlier XC service if you can, explain to the guard and ask if you can travel, and if you are refused, decide then between taking the above risk or buying a new ticket and trying to claim this back, although the grounds for this claim would be slimmer imo

The XC train manager (guard) on the earlier service isn't going to refuse though.

Sken

Since you booked before the strikes were announced you have the right to be transported in line with the itinerary you wrre given at this time, and so if travelling on the booked XC train made you miss the last connection you're entitled to alternative transportation or accommodation. However, SWR apparently take the view that no matter when you booked you should adjust to the new timetable and so obtaining the alternative provision is unlikely to be easy and might leave you having to pay out of your pocket and trying to claim back.

Edit: posted before finished typing
Thanks for this, getting the earlier service is what i was thinking of doing, just have to hope the guard understands i guess!

Status
Not open for further replies.