• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR refund for advance tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

I make regular trips between Barnstaple and London Waterloo, using advance singles ,bought from the SWR website. I bought Bnp to Wat on 1 st. April, and Wat to Bnp on the 9 th. April. Both tickets bought before 23 rd. March. Am trying to claim a refund, but the journeys have disappeared from My Bookings. Does this mean the tickets are cancelled and a refund is automatic ? Or must I use delay refund, or some other system, as SWR doesn't make refunds easy.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alistairlees

Established Member
I make regular trips between Barnstaple and London Waterloo, using advance singles ,bought from the SWR website. I bought Bnp to Wat on 1 st. April, and Wat to Bnp on the 9 th. April. Both tickets bought before 23 rd. March. Am trying to claim a refund, but the journeys have disappeared from My Bookings. Does this mean the tickets are cancelled and a refund is automatic ? Or must I use delay refund, or some other system, as SWR doesn't make refunds easy.
Did you apply for a refund before the first reserved train departed on 1st April?

Yes, tickets collected from Waterloo TVM ,before the 23 rd March. Has anybody managed to obtain a refund on an Advance ticket issued by SWT ? I'm starting to think that I've lost my money.

alistairlees

Established Member
Yes, tickets collected from Waterloo TVM ,before the 23 rd March. Has anybody managed to obtain a refund on an Advance ticket issued by SWT ? I'm starting to think that I've lost my money.
Back to my question. When did you apply for a refund? You need to apply for a refund before the first reeserved train departs.

hkstudent

Established Member
That’s correct. Let’s find out some answers from the OP, so we can assist. At the moment we have too little information.
Indeed. and more importantly, since OP has collected the ticket, OP has to send the ticket back for the ticket refund application.
Though, it would be good for OP to post the original travel schedule.

Haywain

Veteran Member
There is claearly no doubt about entitlement to a refund for the return journey, to be made on 9th April, but the outward is the part in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.