• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Repaints and Refurbishments

pompeyfan

Established Member
I've seen a picture from a colleague taken at what looks like Guildford so I think it's real too. Just wondering on how many units etc been done

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Feathers44

I've seen a picture from a colleague taken at what looks like Guildford so I think it's real too. Just wondering on how many units etc been done

I haven't seen one (455 or 456) without the SWT text go past the house yet but I'm not religiously watching the line.

387star

On Moderation
Well little has changed I expected all trains to be wearing the new livery quite disappointed ??????

Feathers44

Well little has changed I expected all trains to be wearing the new livery quite disappointed ��

Really? Wow, how many train painters workshops did you think were available at 2 o'clock on a Sunday morning?

SpacePhoenix

Established Member
What's the first bit of stock due in for its routine repaint?

Will the Island Line trains be keeping their current livery?

Nicks

Some SWR rebranding seen today:

Wimbledon depot sign
Platform indicators using SWR or South Western Railway digital messages
One member of staff with a SWR lanyard at Wimbledon
Surbiton leaflet racks have SWR branded leaflets.

On Moderation
Some SWR rebranding seen today:

Wimbledon depot sign

Platform indicators using SWR or South Western Railway digital messages

One member of staff with a SWR lanyard at Wimbledon

Surbiton leaflet racks have SWR branded leaflets.

Several staff around at Waterloo with new hi-vis carrying the short form of the new branding (replace # with the new logo):

SW
#R

Frankly it just looks cr@p. Be far better off as just #SWR.

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Several staff around at Waterloo with new hi-vis carrying the short form of the new branding (replace # with the new logo):

SW
#R

Frankly it just looks cr@p. Be far better off as just #SWR.

That's what I thought about the use of that format on the train mockup too.

If they are going to have the TOC operating name in full along the bodyside anyway, what's the point of having the initials as well?

MCR247

Established Member
I quite like where they're going, although I think the 'short 2 line version' of their logo should be in a box

pompeyfan

Established Member
Can confirm there's a 455 running around with new vinyls covering up the logo. Didn't get the number though.

antharro

What is the attraction with white trains? Just shows the dirt that much more clearly!

Do we know yet if SWR will have multiple liveries, or just the one? It was quite good with SWT having the white (long distance), red (short distance/metro), and blue (middle distance, excepting those on Portsmouth services!).

Kite159

Veteran Member
I wonder if the next 158 to visit Loughborough (887?) will come back in the new livery or will it come back in the SWT style?

TEW

Established Member
I wonder if the next 158 to visit Loughborough (887?) will come back in the new livery or will it come back in the SWT style?

I understand the unit currently there is EMT's 158889 so we will have a while to wait. I'd be quite surprised if the next one came back in SWT livery though.

superalbs

Established Member
444040 is currently working 5Z40 in the new livery. It appears to closely resemble the mock-up, but First Class looks massively reduced.

EDIT: Nevermind, it just seems that the stripe doesn't cover the full length of the First Class area.

Last edited:

Domh245

Established Member
It looks smart, but I fail to understand what the people who designed this livery (and the TPE one) have against putting the unit numbers above the windscreens on gangwayed Desiros. They look odd without it IMO.