• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR stock usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Got my first trips over the Windsor and Alton lines coming up next month, and just wondered what the usual stock is on both lines?

Edit- windsor on a Sunday and Alton peak out of Waterloo on a Monday morning

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swr444

Got my first trips over the Windsor and Alton lines coming up next month, and just wondered what the usual stock is on both lines?

Thanks
Windsor will be 455/458 or 707. Alton is almost always a 450

JonathanH

Veteran Member

Thanks
A look at those services in Realtimetrains for the relevant days of the week would answer the question.

Windsor & Eton Riverside for Sunday 18 July https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/se...21-07-18/0200-0159?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

Alton is pretty much fully 450s.
Alton for Monday 19 July https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/se...21-07-19/0200-0159?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt

swt_passenger

Veteran Member

Thanks
As said, Real-time trains will help so here’s a snapshot of today’s services, .
Windsor = mixed 458, 455, 707
Alton = 450s.
IIRC we had a thread a year or two back, that explained the occasional peak 444s to Alton had all been removed.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Cheers for all the replies!
Fingers crossed for a 707 or 458 then on the Windsor, have already ticked off 455s and 450s!

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Cheers for all the replies!
Fingers crossed for a 707 or 458 then on the Windsor, have already ticked off 455s and 450s!
Even if there are no 458s on the Windsor branch there’ll be plenty on the Readings if you change at Staines…

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Even if there are no 458s on the Windsor branch there’ll be plenty on the Readings if you change at Staines…
I'll have my daughter with me going to/from Legoland, so I don't really want to faff her about just to tick a unit off my list, but thanks for the info!

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Windsor Sunday LTP are exclusively 707s. If you are going on a forthcoming Sunday need to keep an eye out for possessions as there has been a lot of alterations lately.

tiptoptaff

Established Member
Cheers all for the responses!

The 450s on the Altons, are they different from the ones on the Pompeys?

TT-ONR-NRN

Established Member

Thanks
I live near to the Alton line and 458s are becoming increasingly common on Sundays, particularly when the line is reduced to Woking Alton shuttles instead of the usual Basingstoke/Alton detachment.

Mostly 450s though.

Both routes could see any of the 450s from the fleet of 127, but not on the same day - the Alton and Portsmouth diagrams do not interwork

JN114

Established Member

After a brief period where some were reconfigured for Suburban work, all 127 SWR 450s are back to being, to all intents and purposes virtually identical.

dingdinger

Mostly 450s though.

Both routes could see any of the 450s from the fleet of 127, but not on the same day - the Alton and Portsmouth diagrams do not interwork
Not necessarily true although rare. For example 2P23 arrives into Waterloo and goes out as 1A29 in the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.