• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Strike - train no longer running

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorset-lad

I have a (flexible) ticket booked on the 19.35 Waterloo to Weymouth service on Christmas Eve (24 Dec).

I had a very sensible idea to check the strike timetable more carefully on the SWR website and that service is cancelled! What will happen if get to Waterloo in time and speak to staff? Would they get me a taxi or something or would I be on my own? I can't get there any earlier unfortunately.

I might look at driving now, but since I have a ticket, don't they have to get me to my destination?

Thanks for the help!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
You can try, but I doubt it, and it isn't going to be fun being stranded on Christmas Eve even if some people on this forum tell you whatever it is that you may be able to recover in the aftermath financially.

Remember there is no train going out of Paddington that day, so you aren't blessed with options.

Even if they agree to get you a taxi there is no guarantee there will be one available, to go all the way from London to Weymouth.

I strongly recommend that you either alter your plans and get the 1800, or failing that drive instead. This is one night of the year I would not want to be messing around.

Joe Paxton

Established Member
I strongly recommend that you either alter your plans and get the 1800, or failing that drive instead. This is one night of the year I would not want to be messing around.

Totally agree with this.

The last NatEx coach from London to Weymouth is way too early, at 1600. There is an 2000 coach from Victoria Coach Station to Poole (arrives 2245), or a 2230 coach from Heathrow to Poole (arrives 0120), should you be able to get picked up from Poole or else park your car there.

I've looked at BlaBlaCar for a liftshare but nothing is currently showing for your journey.

londonbridge

Established Member
If you do elect to drive don't forget to claim a full refund (with no admin fee) on your unused ticket, on the basis that you have chosen not to travel due to disruption.

dorset-lad

If you do elect to drive don't forget to claim a full refund (with no admin fee) on your unused ticket, on the basis that you have chosen not to travel due to disruption.

Thanks, I will!

Has anyone tried to get this sort of refund from TrainPal? If I do it via the app, the £10 fee is automatically added. Might have to call them but I've seen bad reviews of their customer service!

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Thanks, I will!

Has anyone tried to get this sort of refund from TrainPal? If I do it via the app, the £10 fee is automatically added. Might have to call them but I've seen bad reviews of their customer service!
I met someone from Trainpal who offered to help if any forum members have any problems; do contact me if that's the case.

(The forum has active reps from other retailers such as Asserts, Trainsplit/Raileasy etc. ; I'm happy to help forum members out and pass on any issues with those too)

dorset-lad

Status
Not open for further replies.