• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Trainee Driver at Woking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

C J Snarzell

Established Member
I believe SWR have the record for the shortest time span a vacancy is advertised.

Northern advertised trainee drivers last year and a couple of vacancies were pulled within 24 hours.

SWR have pulled vacancies within just 5 or 6 hours. I suspect that maybe they get a lot of applicants who are registered for spoiler alerts when a new vacancy goes live and they get an application in ASAP. HR may then decide to remove the vacancy after recieving the first 20 or 30 applicants which can be in the first 5 or 6 hours!!!

na281093

I believe SWR have the record for the shortest time span a vacancy is advertised.

Northern advertised trainee drivers last year and a couple of vacancies were pulled within 24 hours.

SWR have pulled vacancies within just 5 or 6 hours. I suspect that maybe they get a lot of applicants who are registered for spoiler alerts when a new vacancy goes live and they get an application in ASAP. HR may then decide to remove the vacancy after recieving the first 20 or 30 applicants which can be in the first 5 or 6 hours!!!

Sounds possible yeh. Makes sense too, I have alerts on most companies ads for trainee roles however I was in bed by the time I seen this and thought I’d get my application in this morning.

I also read a lot of TOC’s have to advertise externally for roles as well as internally so will do so but only for a tiny amount of time as really they’d prefer to fill the role internally, maybe it’s that too. Oh well, on to the next one!

Status
Not open for further replies.