• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR Trainee Drivers at Staines, Woking and Waterloo

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA_Driver

After passing your drivers final and on route learning? (Someone May know more) your full wage comes after you’ve passed route routes and you drive your first productive turn. Roughly you are looking at anything between 10-16 months to complete it all, depending on Depot routes and DI availability. My current trainee began in January and has his final late November so shows how long it’s currenrly taking

Thought you knew everything. :E:p

Can anyone assist at all at what point in the training would progression from 23k to 31k happen? I am presuming the full wage 49k is after roughly a year?

The progression from 23 to 31k is when you pass your drivers final.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

The pay during training goes up in 3 stages, you start on approx £23k when you join the company and remain on this until you pass your rules approx (2 -3 months), at that point it then goes up to approx £27k you remain on £27k until you pass your final and get your key where it jumps up to £30k until you pass your routes and you become productive and drive your first train when you then get full drivers wage of £49775 plus London allowance, approx £52k all the above figures are based on last years pay and have gone up very slightly but not by much, the longest period of wages you stay on is between passing your rules up to your final and this amount of time depends on how quickly to can complete your hours (DI availability). I hope this helps, don't quote me on the exact figures as I have just averaged them out

HeelBurton

Would be a lot of paper aeroplanes to make if the 1300 applications is true!!! Plus it STILL open!!!!

Well you won’t be making the November 6th course I am afraid. There’s a course in December, then one in January. Fingers crossed. Looks like there’s a gap between January and March as usual.

Saracen_83

To be honest, the fact a) I’ve not heard and b) it still open I was thinking I probably wouldn’t hear till at least the new year!!!!

Johnny Depot

Well you won’t be making the November 6th course I am afraid. There’s a course in December, then one in January. Fingers crossed. Looks like there’s a gap between January and March as usual.
Thanks HeelBurton - to be honest, I need more time to practice (hoping that I do pass the screening for an invite that is). Any idea how long they give you in between "you have been invited to" and the e-mail/letter. Would most correspondance come via e-mail?

OneLowban

I applied for this position on the 15th October and still haven't heard anything. Is it worth emailing or is the reason due to ~1300 applications and should I just wait it out?

Really would like to know what's happening asap as I need to make some other life decisions. Thanks.

Teddyward

I applied for this position on the 15th October and still haven't heard anything. Is it worth emailing or is the reason due to ~1300 applications and should I just wait it out?

Really would like to know what's happening asap as I need to make some other life decisions. Thanks.
I already received a response a week ago saying sifting is ongoing and the job is still advertised so there will only be more applications since I was told 1300. I feel there will be quite a wait. A worthwhile wait.
Also thanks to everyone who responded to my pay query.

OneLowban

I already received a response a week ago saying sifting is ongoing and the job is still advertised so there will only be more applications since I was told 1300. I feel there will be quite a wait. A worthwhile wait.
Ah okay I guess I will try my best to hold out on other plans. It's just the training salary would be quite a temporary drop for me.Thanks fingers crossed we get good news asap.

Johnny Depot

How early did you reply? Presuming quite early if you sent a chase up.

jballz72

If your assessment is at Basingstoke or Southampton leave ample time as 8th November is the RMT Strike day.

Is that definitely going ahead? Start my trainee train driving at Basingstoke next week. May have to take the car.

theironroad

Established Member
Give them a call.

Every available manager and trainer etc is being pushed into acting as a contingency guard on 8/9 next week.

HeelBurton

Is that definitely going ahead? Start my trainee train driving at Basingstoke next week. May have to take the car.

Highly unlikely your course will run on both days. But I am sure once you begin your course on Monday you’ll be advised on arrangements for Wednesday and Thursday

jballz72

Give them a call.

Every available manager and trainer etc is being pushed into acting as a contingency guard on 8/9 next week.

Highly unlikely your course will run on both days. But I am sure once you begin your course on Monday you’ll be advised on arrangements for Wednesday and Thursday

I’ll wait till Monday as they’ll have a better idea of arrangements.

Many thanks

Saracen_83

Well done and good luck trackboy!

As for the rest of us, just a waiting game now!!! Advert has been removed so application process shut now...

Hopefully we will hear either way soon!!!!

Johnny Depot

Well done and good luck trackboy!

As for the rest of us, just a waiting game now!!! Advert has been removed so application process shut now...

Hopefully we will hear either way soon!!!!

Well done Trackboy. Any else received an invite?

Glad it's closed. If it was 1300 10 days before closing it must be easily 2500+ by now.

Johnny Depot

I have been invited to assessment today for 8th Nov 2017.
Hi mate - was the invite by e-mail and did you receive it the day you messaged. Just curious how much time you get between invite and assessment. If lucky enough for an invite I would like to give work reasonable notice.

Saracen_83

Waterloo for me!!!

Least you will have the option of all :!! Hopefully means more of a chance getting shortlisted for you!!

What’s the shift pattern like anyone know??

Last edited:

Trackboy

Hi mate - was the invite by e-mail and did you receive it the day you messaged. Just curious how much time you get between invite and assessment. If lucky enough for an invite I would like to give work reasonable notice.

Yes it was the email and the day I messaged with no option for dates just stating I will have assessment on 8th nov at 10am.

Status
Not open for further replies.