• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi just a few questions regarding SWR for either Feltham or Yeovil
Does anyone know what rds are paid at?
How will the doo work?
And generally what are they like to work for?
Is it a desirable company to work for?

Many thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Gekko5154

Rdw is paid at x1.25 on weekdays and x1.5 on weekends. Fully guarded work no DOO. At the moment drivers don't do anything with the doors but with the agreement it will be DOGC (driver open guard close). I don't have information regarding Yeovil and Feltham isn't open yet.

Rdw is paid at x1.25 on weekdays and x1.5 on weekends. Fully guarded work no DOO. At the moment drivers don't do anything with the doors but with the agreement it will be DOGC (driver open guard close). I don't have information regarding Yeovil and Feltham isn't open yet.

That’s great thankyou,what is the rest day pattern?

Gekko5154

Different depots have different links so different rest day patterns. It's a 4 day week 35hrs, some links may have a true 4.

Last edited:

Different depots have different links so different rest day patterns. It's an average 4 day week 35hrs some links may have a true 4.

Just on this, I'd be keen to find out what the Weymouth pattern is specifically like if anyone has any ideas? Just so me and the missus can have a look at it and work out what she is going to do with her job and childcare. Anyone have a copy of the shift pattern?

dctraindriver

I think I read somewhere it was 4 days on and 4 days off. Is this correct ?
Not from my experience but I don’t know the workings of every depot. It’s a 4 day week. The week starts from Sunday. So the previous week you could work Mon, Tues, then Fri, Sat then Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed. So 6 days on the trot.

dctraindriver

Just on this, I'd be keen to find out what the Weymouth pattern is specifically like if anyone has any ideas? Just so me and the missus can have a look at it and work out what she is going to do with her job and childcare. Anyone have a copy of the shift pattern?
Don’t worry to much about this as it’ll be a while till you’re on the roster. You’ll have plenty of time to prepare.

Status
Not open for further replies.