• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT "Criteria Based Interview"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benbow

I've been invited to a second day of assessments on the 14th including what SWT describe as a "Criteria Based Interview" if I get that far in the day.

I'm slightly confused because the Practice Test Materials I was sent talk about a "Structured Interview". Are they one and the same?

I've already completed a form titled 'Additional Application Details - Trainee Train Driver' as part of my application. It asks for examples of my experiences with safety, concentration etc. Will questions in the "Criteria Based Interview" be based on the answers I've already given or will I need to complete another form on the day?

I'd appreciate any help clearing this up.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

wanabedriver

Hi Mate,

I believe the structured interview and the criteria based interview are the same as it forms part of the core assessment for trainee drivers and if you pass this then you should be put forward to a driver managers interview.

I believe they will ask you to write your answers down and then they will discuss this with you, there are 5 questions and you have 25 minutes to answer them.

From what I remember you need to give examples on,
working on your own for long periods
working to rules and regulations / working under pressure
dealing with an emergency situation
discussing an achievement
give an example of working in a team to achieve a goal / what were the obstacles

I'm pretty sure its around these lines as it has been two years since I sat them, unfortunately I failed the first time round due to lack of preperation. I hope to get through shortly as I have been shortlisted for FCC. There are other links on this forum around the structured interview so its worth looking for them as it has helped me to prepare and I feel more confident now. The key attributes I think you need to show are calmness, confidence, assertiveness. They may try to pressure you into losing your cool but remain calm, show patience. Think about what may happen in an emergency and how you would act, if you lose your head, panic disregard rules and procedures you will fail.

Did you have to do the mechanical comprehension test or the fault finding as I could do with some tips on both if you have passed either of these recently.

I hope my response helps and good luck with the interview

Benbow

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

So far I've passed the TRP parts 1 and 2 and the concentration test (Group Bourdon). I believe SWT have dropped the Mechanical Comprehension thing so I can't help there I'm afraid. I don't know anything about the fault finding test either unless it's the same as the 'dials and cables' one that is part of the TRP.

Interesting that you are shortlisted for FCC. I applied to them on 30/11/11 and I'm still 'Awaiting Shortlisting' on their website!

Status
Not open for further replies.