• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT Liveried Bus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

So very recently there has been a SWT liveryed bus which has appeared on the 13th seen twice by myself and Tom on the Wessex Way (Bournemouth) and again twice in one day. were baffled by this and are trying to hunt it down for some photos we'd love to hear any other sighting of this bus and to tell us more about it.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nathan

ahh wow what kind of services does it run? As there is currently only one and we've spotted it mainly around Bournemouth station. i'm assuming being run by Stagecoach it is operating services for the station.

Established Member
bloody nightmare on RR!!! only do like 50 down the dual carrige way takes to long!!! i got my own personal coach home once!!! and it dropped me at the end of my road!! my mate used to drive for roadliner and he was oging back dead so he took me to the end of my road then went home himself!

Jim

Established Member
Nathan said:
i'm assuming being run by Stagecoach it is operating services for the station.
As has been said & looked at many times in this thread, it is rail replcment, just look at the front!

Nathan

Well i didnt know but thanks anyway, was curious why it was at our girls school next to us.

Sprinter

These buses used to be on Megabus work but when the Neoplan Skyliners arrived, this resulted in a surplus of Olympians which Stagecoach would be good as high capacity rail replacement buses because they can easily seat 88.

However, Winchester's dedicated Megabus Olympians have been playing up of late, resulting in some SWT liveried Olympians back on thier old haunts! I had the pleasure of riding 13646 on a Soton- Winchester Megabus working a few weeks back!! Which may explain your sighting of SWT liveried Olympians in Bournemouth, covering Megabus duties.

Nathan

I see... still doesn't explain what it was doing at the girls school as Megabuses have never run there. But yes thats cleared it all sufficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.