• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT Super Off Peak Day Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Just tried to buy a this ticket for a Reading-Claygate journey on Sunday from Didcot, to be told by the clerk that pie couldn't find it on the system. I even told her the code (SCO) with no luck. NRE quotes £15.70.

Can it really not be on the system, or is it just hidden away somewhere?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
AFAIK it is both in Avantix Traveller and the Manual so would find it hard to believe that it is not in the retail system. Being a FGW station, maybe she was trying to look for SSRs?

This fare is however not reversable so the other explanation could be that she was looking at the wrong direction.

wintonian

Established Member
SCO exists for a few flows mainly London ones I think, so I must be something to with that particular one.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

LexyBoy

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I got a reply to my email to FGW asking why I couldn't buy the ticket. Not suprisingly no insight given, just said that it would be lodged as a complaint to the regional manager. Did offer to refund the difference though.
SCO exists for a few flows mainly London ones I think, so I must be something to with that particular one.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

I noticed that the restriction code heading is "journeys to or via London or Clapham Junction" or similar, not sure why this would affect appearance or otherwise on the TIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.