• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT trainee driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scally

Hi guys,

I attended an assessment centre on 14th May with SWT for trainee driver. I passed all the tests and was told that day that they'd be in touch within a couple of weeks, inviting me back to do the Structured and Managers interview.

I phoned them in early June to see what was happening and they said that I will be getting a letter soon and my interviews will be in July sometime.

I have recently phoned them again for an update and now they are telling me that all positions have now been filled and they'll be in touch in the New year!

Is this normal for T.O.C's to do this and if apply to another T.O.C for a trainee driver position will I have to re-sit the psychometric tests that I'd already passed back in May?

I'm just a little confused with it all to be honest!!

Thanks

Dave.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Southern313

Sounds about right with TOC HR departments to be honest, they never seem to be pretty good at organising things like this. I think SWT have just taken on quite a few trainee drivers, certainly two ex guards from my depot (another TOC) have moved over. Maybe give them another ring in a couple of months Incase anything has changed.

I know the results of your assessment would be kept on file that would be applicable to all other TOCs, would assume you would only have to complete the interview parts at another TOC. Someone might have better knowledge on this part.

455driver

Veteran Member
Is this normal for T.O.C's to do this
Yes, very much so.

and if apply to another T.O.C for a trainee driver position will I have to re-sit the psychometric tests that I'd already passed back in May?

You would only need to sit any additional tests (mechanical etc), just tell them you have passed the tests with SWT and the date so they can check.

Status
Not open for further replies.