• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT Trainee Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

badu

Hi all
I attended the assessment centre for the Trainee Train driver vacancy with South West Trains back in May. I passed the assessments and was due to be invited for the Structured Interview but they froze recruitment.

Does anybody have any info as to when/if they will realistically start recruiting for Trainee Drivers again?? And if so, do you think they will contact me or would I have to do the whole process again from scratch.

The depot I applied for was Wimbledon.

Many thanks

Dave.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Harold

Hi Badu

If I were you id give them a ring today if you can, As far as I know they only froze recruitment whilst the olympics where on. I could be wrong though. They are still running courses this year as far as Im aware. October course should of started recently, November Course starting soon and the December Course.

I believe there will be a few driver courses starting next year as well. I did hear from a few Drivers, I am currently training with that even after this intake for this year, there still isnt enough drivers for the 4 Day week, which starts December 2013.

Definitely give them a ring though, for an update.

Hope this info helps

Best of luck,

H

Monty

Established Member
Hi Badu

If I were you id give them a ring today if you can, As far as I know they only froze recruitment whilst the olympics where on. I could be wrong though. They are still running courses this year as far as Im aware. October course should of started recently, November Course starting soon and the December Course.

I believe there will be a few driver courses starting next year as well. I did hear from a few Drivers, I am currently training with that even after this intake for this year, there still isnt enough drivers for the 4 Day week, which starts December 2013.

Definitely give them a ring though, for an update.

Hope this info helps

Best of luck,

H

Last I heard was that there will be no more driver courses starting until next year as they are short on instructors. However I have also been told SWT still do not have enough drivers for the 4 day working week. So as Harold said keep calling recruitment and ask when you could possibly be invited for and interview, good luck! :)

ghost

When does the four day week link start? Friends I have spoken to are still in the spare link waiting!

Scuba

Hi Everyone,
I had my interview and was told I would have a reply within ten days, that was nearly two months ago. I also heard they SWT have had a few problems in there H.R. department (could just be hear say). Going to give them a call as well tomorrow. ;)
Scuba

Status
Not open for further replies.