• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Swt training (gateline assistant )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustard2

Hi all
I have been successful with my application for the role of gateline assistant with SWT and and am wondering what form the training will take ?
The schedule says HR induction and uniform collection on the first day then Company welcome on 2nd day then meet manager and staff on 3rd day but it doesn't go any further than that,will I be out in the station training after the 3rd day is basically what I'm getting at ? Or does the training take a different form ?

Many thanks in advance .

Mustard2

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GingerRH

Hi all
I have been successful with my application for the role of gateline assistant with SWT and and am wondering what form the training will take ?
The schedule says HR induction and uniform collection on the first day then Company welcome on 2nd day then meet manager and staff on 3rd day but it doesn't go any further than that,will I be out in the station training after the 3rd day is basically what I'm getting at ? Or does the training take a different form ?

Many thanks in advance .

Mustard2

Hey,

Out of interest what station is this for?

Stigy

Established Member
Hi, congrats!

most training will be on the job. I'm not a Gateline Assistant but know this to be the case. There are a few here though who I'm sure will reply soon. You will be put on a basic ticket recognition and gateline course too in due course, each is a week long as far as I know?

TEW

Established Member
You'll have 5 days classroom based training. Probably half a days practical gateline training. The rest of your training will then be spent shadowing a current gateline assistant.

GingerRH

I'm still awaiting the outcome of the interview for gateline Staines. Been a month since the interview and still nothing, how long did you wait?

Mustard2

Hi all thank you for all yr help .

Mustard2
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi
I think all in all the whole process took about 8 weeks

Regards

Mustard2

Wazza082

Hi,

Ive got an interview for gateline tomorrow. What sort of questions do they ask?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Hi Mustard2 I've got an interview tomorrow for the same role.

What sort of questions did they ask you?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.