• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT travel concessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benbow

Hi all. I'm new here! I'm mid-way through driver assessments with SWT. I've passed the TRP and concentration tests and I'm going back next week for the reaction test and the verbal communication thing.

I was wondering if any recently employed SWT staff (I know that benefits change over time) could tell me exactly what travel concessions are available. Free, unlimited travel on SWT I guess, but what else? I'm particularly interested in East Midlands Trains as they too are part of the Stagecoach empire.

Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bellwater

All SWT Staff get free unlimited travel on EMT. as far as i know there are no restrictions on the London Services.

You'll also get your 75% off privilege card and reduced rate european travel after a year.

First class

Established Member
Island Line :D

You'll get:

ASAP- Free travel on SWT and Island Line services. EMT services also included (Stagecoach)
After 1 month - 75% of the most expensive public Anytime fares in Standard Class
After 12 months - Entitled to free European Rail Travel, up to 6 days in each country. Also 50%/75% FIP Card for Eurostar.

Benbow

All SWT Staff get free unlimited travel on EMT.

Thanks. That's what I was hoping to hear. Do you know if free EMT travel is available on joining or is there a qualifying period?
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Sorry LM_ - Just noticed that you already answered that last point :oops:

Bellwater

You get it when you recieve your SWT Passes, i believe which is usually after a month(i stand to be corrected).

You may also get a Priv Oyster Card, being a London TOC, but i'm not sure.

ChampsRacing

Only safe guarded train crew get the priv oyster non-safe guarded dont get the priv oyster ive enquired myself before.

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Priv Oyster is not restricted to train crew, it is available for all grades but only those safeguarded.

Liam86

Pardon my ignorance, but who are safeguarded? Is it employees from before a certain date?

Status
Not open for further replies.