• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT TVMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnycache

SWT have new software on their (S&B) self-service ticket machines

I'm quite impressed

Features include-

-basket for single payment for multiple ticket purchase

-a nice spelling feature where you can only select letters that would help to spell a real station name eg for Brighton select B and then only
A, E, I, C, O, R, U and Y can be chosen next
This helps to avoid mis-spellings which are a problem with TVMs (i find) especially if someone is waiting behind

-ability to change various aspects of a fare once selected eg change anytime day return to off-peak day return without having to go back to square one

only one problem i found was that when selecting tickets for "tomorrow" on Saturday night it didn't seem to be aware that the next day was off-peak all day

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Southeastern have had this on their S&B machines for some time now. Still annoyingly no Qwerty keyboard or the option to buy from another station and also still has the disadvantages of all S&B machines, mainly the painfully slow printer and unresponsive touchscreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.