• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SWT Work Experience Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
An interesting read so far, I look forward to reading the rest!

Coxster

Established Member
Uploaded today's report, aswell as many photos from a Class 450 cab and of 2401 overtaking.

TheSlash

Established Member
Damon, one of TheSlash's hiding places is the end of the car park outside overline house, towards Southampton tunnel.
Give me a missed call on my mobile tomorrow and i'll phone you back to arrange to meeting up with you down there if you want, i'll bring one of my fleet of vehicles down to show off :D

TheSlash

Established Member
It'll be that or the on call van, i don't like the Merc we've got, it's a heap of ****
--- edited ---
Coxster said:
What about the one with the dent in the side? :D
That's got a new engine after the last one went bang, still got the dent though :D

Harold

Sounds like, your having fun with Work experience Damon.

Please read my PM.
--- edited ---
Chaz said:
450 for BVE? Sounds like a job for Harold. ;)

I'm currently working on a 450 passenger view, just awaiting speedo and some sounds.

They are really good. You might be lucky enough to have Pat with you... :D

Established Member
good old pat the tractor driver, he was on it wen i first went in there i got cars people on da line, if my dads down there say hi to him lol nigel trower shoudl haev his name bag on, his tall and looks sorta like me

TheSlash

Established Member
Well i took a selection of my vehicles past Overline house today and Coxster missed the lot :D
I was bombing round in the on-call van this morning, then the transit at lunchtime {saw a 73 and blue CIG, twice :D} then the flatbed this afternoon.

Coxster

Established Member
TheSlash said:
{saw a 73 and blue CIG, twice :D}
Surely you mean the blue VEP (or the blue and grey CIG). As for me missing you, you left the area when I was on the station - just 1 minute behind you!

TheSlash said:
a selection of my vehicles.
One being a Network Rail van with a huge dent in the side after you drove it into a gatepost...

Coxster

Established Member
yorkie said:
I've heard you're a desperate gripper, Coxster? ;)
It's fun - two in just the space of 10 minutes and it wasn't even a peak service!

Simulator report up. Wish I had one! :mrgreen:

Established Member
Ive got one of those reports somewhere in my room lol, What did the train that walked into the room look like? Also what was the womans name who talk to you about training etc?

Coxster

Established Member
feltham2104 said:
Ive got one of those reports somewhere in my room lol, What did the train that walked into the room look like? Also what was the womans name who talk to you about training etc?
The woman's name? I cannot remember. It began with an 'M' IIRC.

The Snap

Established Member
Is the Desiro the Class 444 or 450? :oops:

Anyway, I suppose harold could make a passenger and cabview for the Class 450, how about it?

devon_metro

Established Member
Rich said:
Is the Desiro the Class 444 or 450? :oops:

Anyway, I suppose harold could make a passenger and cabview for the Class 450, how about it?
They are both Desiros ;)

EDIT: along with the cl 350 OHLE Version

Coxster

Established Member
dvn1357 said:
EDIT: along with the cl 350 OHLE Version
As are the overhead AC 360s, 360/2s and of course the diesel Class 185s ;)

The sims are 450s (fictional 450199 was mine IIRC) although the driving experience isn't much different, or so I'm told. You obviously have the extra coach etc in the 444s.

feltham2104 said:
That would be Nicky, Me dad wastn down there today.
That was it.

The Snap

Established Member
Coxster said:
As are the overhead AC 360s, 360/2s and of course the diesel Class 185s ;)

I see Damon. Well, I hope it was good in the simulator - I bet it was! :p I may get Work Experience at TPE or Northern.

Status
Not open for further replies.