• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

T & W Metro recruiting Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GDG

Hello I'm new to this forum and I'm wondering if anyone can help

I'm looking to apply and notice the wage goes up to 35k after training ( 6 months). Does anyone know if it goes beyond this amount is there an increment style pay over years served and if so what is the top rate.

Also can anyone advise what the pension is like final salary or career average. Many thanks I would be taking an initial big pay cut for the job. So I just want to make sure it's worth applying for long term

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

Davidson4301

Hello I'm new to this forum and I'm wondering if anyone can help

I'm looking to apply and notice the wage goes up to 35k after training ( 6 months). Does anyone know if it goes beyond this amount is there an increment style pay over years served and if so what is the top rate.

Also can anyone advise what the pension is like final salary or career average. Many thanks I would be taking an initial big pay cut for the job. So I just want to make sure it's worth applying for long term

Any advice appreciated

Cheers

Hi ,
£35k is the final flat wage. You only work a 4 day week average of 36 hours. Obviously there's overtime available to bump it up if you wish. As for the pension, it's LGPS and it's pretty decent. I can't speak for everyone (older drivers might be different)but I'm pretty sure mine is career average . I wasn't aware many places still offered final salary pensions.

Hope that helps

dannywaugh1

New to the forum, already applied and have been searching for information about the process, which led me to this forum.

How was the whole process for you @Frankfurt

Treadstone

Are the assessments that are taken specific to t & w metro or are they the same ones all the major toc's use?

Davidson4301

They are the same as other TOC's.
Look at it positively though, of younpass with Metro then you can use them to apply for other TOC's aswell.

Last edited:

euzahnayme

Does anybody know how many drivers are being recruited and when the start date will be?

Established Member
There will be a course of 8 starting in September but that is using some of the ones who were already in the holding pool.

After that nothing confirmed, might only be putting people into the pool for future use. Depends on whether a number of drivers are coming up for retirement in the near future.

Frankie2015

I've applied for this but people keep saying that all the jobs will be taken up by internal recruitment, any ideas if this is true?

Established Member
Normally there are one or two per course of 8, so the majority are externals.

MattB67

Hiya,

I have also applied for this position. Can anyone tell me what the company is like to work for? Is there any room for progression within the company or do drivers move on to other TOC's?

Good luck folks!

Hiya
I've also applied for the metro drivers job, just managed to get application in on the 9th june. New to this forum and stumbled across it whilst looking for information. Did anyone get a response from nexus when they submitted their application like maybe an application received email ?

Gas18

Yes received an confirmation email within seconds , stating my application had been received. I applied nearly a week and half before the closing date.

Treadstone

Yes received an confirmation email within seconds , stating my application had been received. I applied nearly a week and half before the closing date.

Did it give info on timescales regarding further stages etc. I applied by post but have yet to receive a confirmation.

Last edited:

Oh nooo! (Slightly worrying) I didn't receive anything back confirmation wise once I emailed off application although I did check it came up sent- maybe will call them to double check that they did receive it??????! As far as timescales go the only thing I remember on application was that if u didn't hear anything back by 31st July, then your application hasn't been successful.....long time to wait and keep fingers crossed....

Good luck to everyone!

Gas18

No nothing about other stages - it stated in the advertisement 31st July for a reply

If you didn't get a confirmation email from online application don't worry as I've called HR and not everybody got one...something to do with the inbox got flooded with applications- was told over 2000 applicantions were received before closing date- they gave me no information on the next stages, just said they were likely to be sifting through them for the next few weeks-again they just said if no response before 31st July then assume I've been unsuccessful

A waiting game it is then!

Gas18

Letter came this morning interview this week 90 mins - aptitude test and 45 min interview . Must be contacting people by post

Got my letter too this morning!!! Same thing 45min interview and aptitude test! Congrats Gas18 on your letter...any info on what aptitude test involves? These are not the full phsycometric tests are they?

Anyone know what a metro drivers link looks like...days on days off, that sort of thing-or know anyone that has access to a drivers link so can see what the working pattern looks like?

Gas18

Congrats to you too - haven't a clue I wouldn't of thought so - probably do this stage and that will be the next one ,unless somebody can correct me

Cusaeng

I also received a letter inviting me for an interview on the 27th of July.
From what I have seen on this site people can be in the holding pool for some time. Hopefully the interview will go smoothly.

Best of luck to those attending for an interview.

Dave

jeff1989

i also recieved a letter inviting me to an interview on Friday! So nervous i hate interviews heres hoping i wont crumble on the day like i frequently do haha. Well done to anybody else who has got this far! :D

Congrats jeff1989 and Dave on your interviews- interviews can be pretty intimidating but I'm trying to cover all bases for Monday and pre-empt the usual questions they'll prob ask like the dreaded why do you want to be a driver question!! It's the random on the spot questions that your not expecting that I'm getting bit nervous at-I'm sure after next week we can all breathe easily again....anymore managed to find anything on the aptitude test?

Davidson4301

You will be asked stuff like

"Give me an example of a time when you have experienced or offered excellent customer service "

Give me an example of time when you have dealt with an emergency
Situation

What hazards would you expect
On the railway ? People , track workers , other trains , inclement weather , signal failure ect.

Focus answers on customer service , safety and performance .

Status
Not open for further replies.