• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

T & W Metro recruiting Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1nch26

Just received an email saying I've made it to the interview stage :)
Apparently it will be within the next 3/4 months

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SMTWM10

Just received an email saying I've made it to the interview stage :)
Apparently it will be within the next 3/4 months
Congratulations to all who receive an email. Make sure you check your spam/junk mailbox as the emails have a tendency to disappear into there.

Jarv4374

Well done f1nch26 , I’ve received an email too , good luck in the next stage

Last edited:

Comfy

Does anyone know what the interview/next round will consist of? Dont want to get ahead of myself with what im practising etc Cheers

Cyclist

Does anyone know what the interview/next round will consist of? Dont want to get ahead of myself with what im practising etc Cheers
I’m assuming the next step is the DMI (driver manager interview) but I too would be curious to hear for certain.

Caad12

Yep email received confirming interview. Well done all. Let's see where this goes.

Be interesting to see if the test material is the same as the Northern practice material I got sent a while back. Group Bourdon, Fault Finding, Perception, etc.

Cusaeng

The next step will be an interview. This will consist of a number of competency based questions and a written test.
I don’t believe you will be provided with any example material for the first stage interview.

I wouldn’t focus too much on the Doncaster tests and mmi interview at this point as you may not be asked the exact same types of questions at the metro interview.

Focus on standard interview style questions such as customer service, team work, what you know about the metro and why you want to work for them.

Grayzy

Hey everyone, managed to get an interview myself for the first time so I’m excited.

Would anyone happen to know how many were selected for interviews or is that information unknown?

brown_ne

Hey everyone, managed to get an interview myself for the first time so I’m excited.

Would anyone happen to know how many were selected for interviews or is that information unknown?
Did all you guys find out last week?

Caad12

The next step will be an interview. This will consist of a number of competency based questions and a written test.
I don’t believe you will be provided with any example material for the first stage interview.

I wouldn’t focus too much on the Doncaster tests and mmi interview at this point as you may not be asked the exact same types of questions at the metro interview.

Focus on standard interview style questions such as customer service, team work, what you know about the metro and why you want to work for them.

Standard interview procedure then? Looking forward to it but desperately want to get a pass this time so I can leave my current position.

ModernRailways

Established Member
Yep email received confirming interview. Well done all. Let's see where this goes.

Be interesting to see if the test material is the same as the Northern practice material I got sent a while back. Group Bourdon, Fault Finding, Perception, etc.

The interview should just be your usual interview. They'll ask questions about Metro, what you can bring to Metro, customer service skills you have, working under pressure. Make sure to have multiple examples for everything, you only have to use the best one but having multiple means you have different examples for random questions they may end up asking.
If you pass the interview you will go down to Doncaster for tests - I believe this is going to November or later.

It's worth noting, that often before the interview you will be given a paper 'test' it's very easy to do if you know the Metro, such as how to get from Airport to Shiremoor and how much is a ticket (you'll probably be given a map with the zones and a price list to reference - you would need to figure out the zones travelled through and what zone ticket to buy), how many stations, when did Metro start etc. This shouldn't be anything to worry about providing you know the Metro, but scoring poorly will show that you don't know the Metro system and aren't suited for it.

I'll try and see if any of the current drivers know today. They are expecting interviews to take a few weeks so likely be around 400+ but I will see if anyone knows.

Last edited:

Cyclist

I'll try and see if any of the current drivers know today. They are expecting interviews to take a few weeks so likely be around 400+ but I will see if anyone knows.
Out of those 400, how many would you expect generally get to Doncaster?

cjsatc

Hi, I got my email on the 19th July too, it said check emails as interviews will be held in the next 3-4 months. Well done to all those who got through the sift

Sean93

Hi, I got my email on the 19th July too, it said check emails as interviews will be held in the next 3-4 months. Well done to all those who got through the sift

I’m just hoping I’m not the only one a little worried about interview and going down to Doncaster!

Caad12

The interview should just be your usual interview. They'll ask questions about Metro, what you can bring to Metro, customer service skills you have, working under pressure. Make sure to have multiple examples for everything, you only have to use the best one but having multiple means you have different examples for random questions they may end up asking.
If you pass the interview you will go down to Doncaster for tests - I believe this is going to November or later.

It's worth noting, that often before the interview you will be given a paper 'test' it's very easy to do if you know the Metro, such as how to get from Airport to Shiremoor and how much is a ticket (you'll probably be given a map with the zones and a price list to reference - you would need to figure out the zones travelled through and what zone ticket to buy), how many stations, when did Metro start etc. This shouldn't be anything to worry about providing you know the Metro, but scoring poorly will show that you don't know the Metro system and aren't suited for it.

Thanks for this info. Currently going over what I have re Tests and will start really knuckling down in the coming months.

The Metro is a service I've used loads in the past but not so much in the last couple of years so i'll need to brush up.

Cheers - D

Daggers84

Hi
Has anybody had a date for their interview yet? I know they said 3/4 months but just curious?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.