• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

T & W Metro recruiting Trainee Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jeff1989

still nothing for me yet but I’ll keep checking my emails 10 times a day the rest of this week ha

Caad12

Mate of mine got his interview date for September yesterday. I've still not received anything as yet - let's see what today brings?

CGS

Guessing they are sending out emails in stages! I hope ha
I think they sent out all emails weeks ago to successful applications saying they would be interviewed within 3-4 months, people are now starting to get the dates through.

cjsatc

Not for me, hope I get enough notice as I'm working in Cyprus at the moment, gonna be tight trying to get a flight ✈️

Irish Rail

Hi everyone,

I received my invite to interview today, after a nervous wait. Anyone else receive theirs?

Last edited:

Cyclist

Aye. Competence interviews aren’t they?
yes that's what mine said. Not much detail other than that.

I've seen refences to DMIs on this forum. Driver Manager Interview. I think this is the same thing?

Irish Rail

Mine says competency based interview also, presume we all got same e-mail with date/time changed. I’d imagine the interview is the DMI.

Grayzy

I’ve gotten an interview for November just found out last week. Good luck everyone

brown_ne

Does anyone have an idea of the sort things likely to be asked during a competency based interview? Thanks in advance.

Cyclist

Does anyone have an idea of the sort things likely to be asked during a competency based interview? Thanks in advance.
You’ll likely be asked to talk about times you showed attributes useful for train driving.

Mr Heckles

Hoping to be in there for a similar amount of time. As long as you get your points across I guess that’s all that matters. Cheers.

It probably comes down to how much prompting etc you need. If they ask you a question and you fire out all the points you wanted to put across, with no input, then the interview will fly over.

bornintheUAE

Hi everyone!

I had my interview yesterday; it lasted between 30-40 minutes, and it FLEW by. I can confirm they told me they're looking for a talent pool of 100-150. One additional thing they told me is that after interviews, rather than send candidates down to Doncaster in one big lump as it looks like they've done in the past, they'll send them in batches in 40 or so, a couple of months before each school is due to start. Successful candidates from Doncaster will then be given a start date, and and if more pass than they need for that school, the remainder will automatically be on the next school. I hope that makes sense!
Good luck to all those with interviews coming up, and roll on December to find out how we've done!

Irish Rail

Has anyone been invited to assessment yet. I’ve seen two people have been invited to assessment and one person even offered a job yesterday. I had interview in October and heard nothing.

Caad12

Mate of mine has email saying that those interviewed will find out this week. So far I’ve had nowt email wise to say the same.

Irish Rail

Haven’t heard anything either but frustrating that some people have been offered a job before the rest of us have done test.

Status
Not open for further replies.