T&W Metro Unit 4005

Discussion in 'Other Public Transport' started by D1023, 7 Jul 2019.

1. D1023

D1023 Member

OK so for the last - well many many years - I have been after this one unit. Am going to Newcastle in a couple weeks in the (vain) hope that she may well be around. What I'm after is any local knowledge about this unit, if it still works or is shut away somewhere never to run again o_O.

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. NewcastleOne

NewcastleOne Member

Still works

4. DanNCL

DanNCL Member

I last saw it in service about a week ago paired with 4079. It still works, hopefully you'll be able to get it :)

5. woodhouse122

woodhouse122 Member

4005 is deffienetly about,had a megabus trip for a few days in newcastle last week and snapped it at Byker (and got caught by the Nexus jobsworths ;) )

[​IMG]

Last edited: 9 Jul 2019
  6. MetroCar4058

MetroCar4058 Member

Wouldn't be saying that if something happened and a report criticised staff for not responding to potential hostile recognisance. Personally I wouldn't have said anything unless you've used the flash.

It is clear in the conditions of carriage that photography is not allowed on the system, they're only doing their job.

7. woodhouse122

woodhouse122 Member

This Woman at Byker was pretty nasty though,she threatened to take my camera off me and delete my card,and yet she said nothjing to the local chavs who were crossing the tracks to avoid having thier tickets checked !!

8. MetroCar4058

MetroCar4058 Member

No need for them to be nasty to you, I agree. Takes nothing to be kind and just clarify the situation to inform you of the policy or once established you're no threat turn a blind eye :lol:

9. djpontrack

djpontrack Member

I had a ride on 4005 & 4079 in the Sunderland area on Sunday 23rd of June. :D

10. bramling

bramling Established Member

Surprising someone’s actually managed to come across staff on the metro, they’re normally pretty thinly spread! Not sure why T&W Metro feels the need for such a draconian policy when other metros like London which have *actually* been the subject of terror attacks don’t.

11. Tetchytyke

Tetchytyke Established Member

Most of the CSAs I come across wouldn't know good manners if it spanked them on the bottom with a Woman's Weekly.

Unless they're dealing with the scrotes, of course. The scrotes would chin them, so they turn a blind eye...

12. D1023

D1023 Member

Many thanks all. 4005 was bagged yesterday

13. dlj83

dlj83 Member

This woman who works for the metro seems to be a shifty looking sort in plimsolls..... But that's the comprehensive system for you......