• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Taking a surf board on the train???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamingo

Established Member
Volo TV, £1.75 for the journey, log in using mobile phone or purchase a code at the buffer, bring headphones or get them from the buffet.

Regarding contacting BRI, try FGW customer services first, or drop in if in the area beforehand
If you would like to talk with a member of our Customer Services Team, please call: 08457 000 125 (open daily, 0700 to 2200).

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Essexman

Established Member
A couple of years ago I was in the tourist information centre in Bude and they were telling people to come all the way from London by coach as surf boards weren't allowed on trains. I checked with FGW when I got back and found they could, as does the bus from Exeter to Bude, so emailed the TIC to put them right.

calypso1802

A couple of years ago I was in the tourist information centre in Bude and they were telling people to come all the way from London by coach as surf boards weren't allowed on trains. I checked with FGW when I got back and found they could, as does the bus from Exeter to Bude, so emailed the TIC to put them right.

I've had mixed messages from FGW - on person said no and the other yes!! but need to speak to a guard when we get there to see if there is room in the bike storage??

Scotrail84

Established Member
I'm nearly insulted. I work proper trains, lots of carriages and separate engines, not a burger van with those new-fangled sliding doors!

Proper trains you say???? Try MK11s with a 67 up top and a Guards van in the middle mate. Normally no lights in the van either. Its great working trains that are older than you :lol:

Established Member
Half past four on a Friday from York to Leeds, on a 2-car 158, when it was Northern Spirit... a guy turns up amongst all the commuters with a surfboard.

I'd expect a bike maybe a pram.... but that!?? I considered taking the axe out of the emergency cupboard, but some of the long suffering passengers had already 'taken care' of him and hurled him and the board back out the train's doors :oS

Now, if it was Cornwall, or even a not-so-stupid time of day I wouldn't have batted an eyelid tbh.

Ferret

Established Member
Surely you'd only try to stop someone carrying an unloaded gun? ;)

LMAO! One of our trains got stormed by the armed fuzz last year when the Guard mistook a punter for Raoul Moat. I certainly wouldn't have challenged *him*!

Status
Not open for further replies.