• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Taking Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacker50

Hi when out photo togging or spotting locos. I jot down notes with pen and paper. Which i sometimes lose. Just wondered how others do it. I’m thinking of getting some sort of electronic aid to do it. Any ideas
Many Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

R_Pley

I use the notes function on my iPhone as a temporary store of numbers until I transfer them to my Locoshed.

CC 72100

Established Member
Second the iphone option. Although I don't do spotting as such, I just use notes to write down what I've had on my travels, plus its a bit less 'obvious' when you don't want to be noticed as such (I'm sure you get my drift!)

Established Member
Lot of people I see who take down the wagon/carriage numbers have small dictation recorders.

Crossover

Established Member
As per AdamW, I just note down what I travel on if I can and do it on my iPod Touch. Again, also a little less conspicuous ;)

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Good old fashioned reporters' notebook and Pilot V5 pen. No batteries to go flat at critical moments!

Bit of a pain having to re-inforce the top of each page before commissioning a new notebook these days; they all seem to have those silly perforated strips on these days, just below the binding spiral!

Status
Not open for further replies.