• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Taking photos on stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffer68

I am quite new to photographing trains and locos and really enjoying it. Having read the rail photography guidelines, I understand that photos taken at stations can't be used commercially. Does this include me taking a shot of say a freight train coming through my local station and then sending it to say Rail Express magazine for publication? Is this classed as "Commercial" use?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Phoenix

Established Member
I am quite new to photographing trains and locos and really enjoying it. Having read the rail photography guidelines, I understand that photos taken at stations can't be used commercially. Does this include me taking a shot of say a freight train coming through my local station and then sending it to say Rail Express magazine for publication? Is this classed as "Commercial" use?

Honestly I would say that didn't count because it is still kept within the industry in some way where as if I took a shot of a freight and sold the shot to a random company selling let's say computers so they could distribute it world wide now that would be commercial use.

It is one of those phrases not to be taken as 100% strict fact but just to be generally followed loosely.

Demps

It isnt a crime to take photos in stations, do what you want with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.