• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Talent pool question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladerunner

Hi all

I see Talent Pool being mentioned a lot in the forum but don't fully understand.
I had an interview last week for a Service Delivery Assistant role and was told that I would hear by the end of this week.
I've heard nothing yet but noticed on my application online it shows "My Talent Pools - 1". Might this mean I've passed my interview?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

2L70

On Moderation
It looks like it.
What happens now is when a vacancy occurs GWR will contact you to hopefully offer you a position.

This could take weeks, months or up to a year. When they decide.

But you’re well on the way.

Bladerunner

It looks like it.
What happens now is when a vacancy occurs GWR will contact you to hopefully offer you a position.

This could take weeks, months or up to a year. When they decide.

But you’re well on the way.
Thank you, I really hope so

Stigy

Established Member
It may vary dependant on role, but certainly for driver talent pools GWR would email you if you’ve been successful at interview and advise on what the talent pool means very briefly.

Bladerunner

It may vary dependant on role, but certainly for driver talent pools GWR would email you if you’ve been successful at interview and advise on what the talent pool means very briefly.
Okay thanks. As mentioned I've heard nothing yet but they did say by the end of this week; it was only by looking at my First Group profile that I noticed the Talent pool. I guess it wouldn't hurt to send them an email next week asking for news

Stigy

Established Member
Okay thanks. As mentioned I've heard nothing yet but they did say by the end of this week; it was only by looking at my First Group profile that I noticed the Talent pool. I guess it wouldn't hurt to send them an email next week asking for news
I would assume “My Talent Pools - 1” would indicate talent pools applied for?

Bladerunner

Well I found out today that I wasn't successful for this role. I was told though that they want to keep my details on hold for 6 months for similar roles that may arise.
Has anyone else been in this situation? Does it mean they will offer me a similar role if it comes up, or ask me to apply again?

Stigy

Established Member
Well I found out today that I wasn't successful for this role. I was told though that they want to keep my details on hold for 6 months for similar roles that may arise.
Has anyone else been in this situation? Does it mean they will offer me a similar role if it comes up, or ask me to apply again?
It’s usually a default response I believe. I’m not sure if they have every actually contacted unsuccessful candidates about other roles? Don’t get me know, some companies do...DB Cargo randomly invites me for an assessment for a Groundstaff position I had applied for on the off chance even though they weren’t recruiting. I previously asked them if they’d keep my details on file for other jobs after they withdrew a Junior Driver job I’d applied for.

Status
Not open for further replies.