• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Talent pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

A/M/

Didn't get the job but they put me into the talent pool. Did anyone got any luck for getting a job offer within 12 months?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scott118

Talent Pools - does anyone ever progress out of these? Lots of posts, stating that they have been placed within them however very few, to state that they have been selected further.

is it not the case, that TOC's choose to 'place' people within one, rather than send out a rejection letter, then interview others, for the same role? Lots and lots of hopefuls await, when a simple, albeit disappointing, letter, would enable some to move on, career wise...That said, I'm very aware, how slow TOC's are, with recruitment.

A/M/

Thank u very much. To be honest that's what I had in my mind anyway. :)

Louby

Thank u very much. To be honest that's what I had in my mind anyway. :)

I was in one for 2 yrs along with quite a few others, so yes they do work, various reasons as to why, sometimes there isn't enough courses for people as only 12 to a course

A/M/

So what happened after 12 months? U had to retake the tests , assessment? U been invited to do that? I'm very keen to work for East Midlands, so I'm not going to give up ??????

Louby

So what happened after 12 months? U had to retake the tests , assessment? U been invited to do that? I'm very keen to work for East Midlands, so I'm not going to give up ��

Just the dtm interview, depending on the toc the assessments are valid between 2-5 years, I'm in my 2nd week of training

A/M/

Nice, hopefully I will get there in the end aswell. Thank u very much and enjoy ur training ☺️

oxoneil

Been in GWR talent pool since July 2014. Not had any official contact for about 6 months now but always hearing whispers of activity. Not totally given up yet.

Evie 12

I was placed in a talent pool in February of this year, as I passed an assessment for a multi-role and was told this would last for 6 months. I then went for an interview 4 weeks later for a singular role which was seasonal and was told afterwards, :cry:that I was unsuccessful and had to wait for 6 months. Obviously, the talent pool doesn't mean a great deal! :cry:

GMT

I've been in a talent pool (shunter driver future opportunities) with Southeastern since the beginning of June last year. Still waiting to be called for an assessment.

After reading a few of these posts, I'm starting to feel quite pessimistic. And this situation makes me feel a bit awkward about applying for other jobs. As somebody else said, a letter saying 'sorry, we don't need you anymore' would perhaps be better. Instead HR have been kind enough to send me a couple of emails saying that as they will let me know asap. And I keep hoping...:|

...but despite all, I'm a happy man (with a dream) all the same :)

A/M/

After being in a talent pool for 4weeks I received a phone call from HR with an offer. So them talent pool's do work , but again it's a luck if vacancy will come up or no.

Status
Not open for further replies.