• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tangmere,GBRF,Scram! story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
the story of tangmere,gbrf,scram of my day! :)

the day starts by taking the 08:19 Silverlink Metro service from West Brompton 2Y07 to Clapham Junction
me waiting with the other spotters or people boarding the train :)
in come the GBRF 66 715 with a "Bluebirds on Tour" on front of it!! :)
after the GBRF train left, in come a surprise the two GBRF 73s that hauled the coaches from OOC to Victoria 73204/206 LISA and Janice come to stable at Clapham Siding for the 3rd leg of the tour..
then i remembered something at 09:00
that i need the Lymington-Brockhenurst leaflet
so i took the 09:12 Wessex Electric to London Waterloo, in the inside it sounded like a 319 on DC power :D :D
here i am at waterloo, i take the leaflet and wait for the 09:50 Juniper!!
looks at international terminal, jeez, it's so crowded :shock: :shock:
so in come a train that looks better than a desastro ;) i board the 09:50 8-JOP 1C23 to Clapham Junction where a 455 and a 159 overtook it
so i transfer over to the 10:08 2Y14 to Kensington Olympia
so since i arrive at Olympia at 10:12 i thought i will wait for a Voyager
then a 377 comes in 15 minutes early
so i take the 10:49 Silverlink to CJ to wait for Tangmere, so in come lovely Tangmere with it coaches and br blue 47 on the rear
so then i took the 12:03 to Harrow for train spotting
and then i took the 12:53 (Desiro service which was a 321!! :) )to Euston calling at Wembley Central, Queen's Park (LDN) .yes, QUEEN'S PARK!! so here at Euston grabbing the Sleeper guide and then return to harrow on the 13:34 .i arrive at harrow at 13:50 seeing as a 90 Wolves? set pass by :)
so i wait for the 14:17 for olympia ,in the trian comes i board it to olympia i get off at olympia at 14:45 and .....wait for the 15:36 voyager and gbrf bluebird and the maybe i didn't wait for it, ews convoy
all the trains pass at Olympia, so i take the 16:45 377 to cj and wait for Tangmere, for a long time, so in come Tangmere looking exhausted after a long journey ;) and BR blue 47 clags away on the rear and off home :D :D

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
jonb said:
Hope you saw me an JJ flailing at Kenny O ;)
which coach were you in?
tell me where you were in my photos?
i saw everybody with heads out ;)

tramboy

"Tangmere" is a steam loco...and that's about as much as i know about it...apart from it seems to be fairly common on Southern region tours.

Cheers

Dave

EDIT: Having looked it up, "Tangmere" is 34067, a Battle of Britain class steam locomotive

AlexS

Established Member
1288gaje said:
BR blue 47 clags away on the rear

And yet your picture shows it as dead on the rear. How do dead locomotives clag? It's XP64 livery too, by the way, a failed BR project from the 1960s regarding some stock standarisation or something.

jdjonnay

As has been said on ukts, bit of an echo in here ;)

Plus I was wrong about it being dead on rear, one of the videos shows it as being idle. Still doesn't explain why it was "clagging" though :?

J

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
jdjonny said:

As has been said on ukts, bit of an echo in here ;)

Plus I was wrong about it being dead on rear, one of the videos shows it as being idle. Still doesn't explain why it was "clagging" though :?

J

What videos are these?

It was clagging some of the time. I filmed it clagging although most of the time it was idle

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
:) I was in the back coach when that particular video was taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.