• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tarmac Cement into Cornwall

Status
Not open for further replies.

72C

Does anybody know why the Colas hauled traffic, to Moorswater, is coming to an end please?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SteveHFC

I'm guessing slightly - but I believe the demand for the service is no longer there.

furnessvale

Established Member
That's a real shame if it is the case. Just when we are talking about removing lorries from our roads, this happens. I dread to think how many lorry's will be needed to replace roughly 21 PCAs worth.
It may look attractive in autumn in a lockdown. Let's see how it looks in the middle of the tourist season next year.

Amlag

Westbury traffic only, not Moorswater.

MARK

There was talk a couple of years ago of a new bulk cement terminal being built at Plymouth, probably in Cattewater, for the importation of cement from Spain by ship.
Perhaps this has now become reality?

Gloster

Established Member
A bit of googling suggests the terminal at Corporation Wharf opened in February 2017. It may not be the same operator.

Gloster

Established Member
The February 2021-dated edition of Today’s Railways UK has a four page article on the service. The article and six of the eleven photos are by John Vaughan.

Last edited:

JeffH16

Is the Westbury tarmac - Aberthaw still on or are the pca flows totally ending?
The Westbury flow now comes from Tunstead, no longer using PCA's, it had to run round in Westbury this week, here it is before heading into the cement works.

Attachments

• IMG_20210107_075619_011.jpg
    IMG_20210107_075619_011.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 79
Status
Not open for further replies.