• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Taunton Oxford Yeovil journey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halsebee

For a journey off peak from Taunton to Oxford, then from Oxford to either of the Yeovil stations two days later would an off peak return Exeter St Davids - Oxford be valid to return to Pen Mill via Castle Cary or Junction via Basingstoke (need both options as time of return uncertain). Clearly its valid on outward journey from Taunton via Reading or Bristol.
Or can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative (no advance tickets possible)
Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Alfonso

Interesting...there's an easement along the lines of "via Taunton is also valid via Honiton" (as via Honiton is normally slower and cheaper) so a return from exeter should be valid. A return from Yeovil to Oxford plus a single from Taunton to Castle Cary is a bit cheaper but less flexible as you'd need a train stopping there. I'm sure train split has some interesting options too

kieron

Established Member
There are no "via Taunton" tickets form Exeter to Oxford. There are some from Exeter to Bicester North, but they start at £100.20 return, which seems a bit steep.

Myself, I think the ticket in this thread may do what Halsebee needs.

Easement 700031 says Exeter is a valid routeing point, meaning you can start short at Taunton on a route via Reading or Bristol and Swindon.

The fare check says Salisbury is a valid routeing point, which permits a journey via Basingstoke.

The shortest route is via Yeovil, Castle Cary and Chippenham.

I think that covers everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.