• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis

Established Member
Couple of hours kip yes....after watching M. Schumacher win the Turkish GP. Off to cook my lunch now.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheSlash

Established Member
Saturday night is take-away night on the railway, normally kebabs for us lot. For lunch at work, theres the choice of, the chippy, MacDonalds, KFC, roll shop or something from Tesco.

Dave A

I love Tesco's ham and mustard sarnies, and they're cheap as well! :)

Sainsbury's is good to, but I advise that unless you are dying of hunger, DO NOT eat CO-OP sandwiches! They're expensive, tasteless, and have nothing in them!!

Tom B

Established Member
Ascot said:
Nah Tesco, you can use ya club card.

Which is the exact point of such contraptions. Get people to stick to using one shop, whichever product is better.

Simming

Tesco Sarnies are the best, they usually go down well in a evening as a starter before moving onto the main course of kebab!

Last nights meal was fajitas in a steak house, now that was nice :P

H

HR2

Boo Hoo! My evening meal last night was 3 meatless sausages shallow fried in olive oil. Radishes and a glass of low fat milk.

evil_hippo

Frying in olive oil? I find that a bit of a waste; I fry in cheaper oil, vegetable normally, and use olive oil in dressings and sauces and things. For salad, for instance, I drizzle over it balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and the tinyest bit of grain mustard mixed together.

I'm a slow eater; I always finish after everyone else at the table in the school canteen. Ideally I would take 3 hours over lunch and tea. Maybe I'm just a closet frenchman. (not so; my sympathies are italian when I'm not being an archetypal englishman).

H

HR2

Have to use Olive oil. It apparently has stuff in it that is good for the heart. The other cooking oils lack it.. I Dunno.

eezypeazy

HR2 said:
Have to use Olive oil. It apparently has stuff in it that is good for the heart. The other cooking oils lack it.. I Dunno.

Out of interest... is the diet working, Bob?

eezypeazy

H

HR2

eezypeazy said:
Out of interest... is the diet working, Bob?

eezypeazy

Diet is but general health is not. I have lost a few ponds but it ain't noticeable yet. I have not long been in for another throat op but every time I have one it seems to make things worse. I used to be able to walk and go places without bother but now more than 300 yards has me heaving for breath. Seeing the specailist again this week at the Freeman so I am going to quiz him as to what the problem may be. I am sleeping for 14 hours a day and getting continual chest infections so summat ain't right somewhere.

Tom B

Established Member
Hope things are OK for you in the end, Bob :).

Tom

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I find M&S sandwiches very tasty, and despite their image of being a high priced shop, are very cheap - I'm a fan of their Brie, Grape and Cranberry; Cheese Ploughmans; Wild Red Salmon and Cucumber Sandwiches and their Cheese and Tomato Poppy Seed Baguette [in order of preference ;)]

Their Crisps are lovely too, but it's a shame they, and their drinks (Cola excepted) are very expensive.

Tom B

Established Member
Mojo said:
I find M&S sandwiches very tasty, and despite their image of being a high priced shop, are very cheap - I'm a fan of their Brie, Grape and Cranberry; Cheese Ploughmans; Wild Red Salmon and Cucumber Sandwiches and their Cheese and Tomato Poppy Seed Baguette [in order of preference ;)]

Their Crisps are lovely too, but it's a shame they, and their drinks (Cola excepted) are very expensive.

Never been a fan of the coke myself. But do like the crisps, like any sort of properly-made crisp myself! As opposed to the cheapo mass-produced stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.