• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Teashire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Forgive my lack of geographic knowledge if everyone else knows this but where is Teashire?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Assume; Tea
Assume; Shire (Yorkshire Tea?)

Hence.

(Yorkshire) Teashire.

Tomnick

Established Member
Think it was Quorn 'box yesterday :shock: . Must've got through gallons of the stuff in a three hour turn.

Coxster

Established Member
Google Earth has found no results so your arial view has gone out the window :lol:

Max

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I can find nothing in multimap, my road atlas or in a general web search. I guess this is somebody's fictional dreamworld :lol: ;)

Sprog

Established Member
laverack222 said:
I can find nothing in multimap, my road atlas or in a general web search. I guess this is somebody's fictional dreamworld :lol: ;)

I have fictional dreamworld........................... :D

Nitro

spm_43030 said:
laverack222 said:

O-K then spm..... *moves away slowly* :lol: :lol: ;)

Aureol

Established Member
With a spanner in hand in D212's engine room
spm_43030 said:
laverack222 said:

Yeah, the fictional dreamworld of all rail staff/voluteers/enthusiasts is Teashire, as that's practically the rule of Rail! :lol:

Established Member
TheSlash said:
spm_43030 said:
laverack222 said:

You too? :lol:

Lol slash so thats y u were aslepp while driving to cov lol

metrocammel

158 said:
Aureol said:
158 said:
feltham2104 said:
Lol slash so thats y u were aslepp while driving to cov lol

:shock:

Can anyone Translate?
:lol: Slash, so that's why you were asleep whilst driving to Coventry! :lol:

That ok mate? ;)

Ahhhhh great Cheers mate :lol:

"Cov" is a term used by locals anyway, so I'd hardly call that "txt slang", OK "y u" is a bit texty, but pedantic comes to mind!!! :D - and i aint talking about a 31!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
lol.

I have a dreamworld too. It involves HSTs on all VXC routes, HSTs on Euston to Holyhead, many new metro networks around the country, cheaper fares on all routes, £5 Weekend First on all routes with it, FC on more routes, especially on ATW, OHLE on more routes, displaced 315s on the Cardiff Valleys, 323s on the Pembroke Dock line, 321/4s on Milford Haven services, drastic improvement to the Cambrian routes...railfreight for certain stores in Hereford which have a rail link behind the stores already...

There's much more, but that gives you an idea of what my ideal world would include.

nutter

How about dash-9's and GP38's on every route, with a few 220/221's and bouncers (143's) on every route just to rub salt into sore wounds <D

Can't forget no timetable (sorry, already got that in the west mids :lol: )

Oh sorry, just thought I'd depress the lot of you :lol:

Dream world: Sheds + skips on freight. HST's and 170's on passenger routes

(My mum HATES sheds because they're "so" loud)

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Apart from the obvious, it makes sense to have 8-coach trains on Cross-Country. 2 and a half FC, half buffet car, 5 coaches SC, job done. Decent catering, good comfortable seats, doors that don't fail, toilets that don't wreak of excrement due to tanks being near full, toilets that actually work at all (a problem encountered a LOT on Turbostars and 153s!)...

Only downside is no at-seat powerpoints and no at-seats radios (which don't work most of the time for me, or have music which was listed in the previous magazine on the Voyagers IME). I'm sure they could be retro-fitted in terms of powerpoints. Most people have MP3 players, iPods (poor souls!), portable DVD players and the like anyway now, so at-seat radios isn't the big selling point it was a few years ago.

Mind, I would ensure the HSTs were pumped up a bit. Re-fit the engines with MTU 16V4000 ones, refresh the other equipment as much as possible, give all the HST stock a good repaint, re-upholster the seating, experimentally fit non-fixed armrests, fix the vestibule door systems to use carriage keys to operate them manually, ensure they all open and close properly, which might involve fitting the sensors for these doors a little differently. I would also look into creating at one HST set with a Volo:TV-style carriage for the South West to the North East/Scotland runs, experimentally for 3 months first, and if successful, it would be carried out to other sets, particularly on Manchester to Bournemouth and Brighton runs. Installing Wi-Fi would follow in the same style as the TV carriage, on the routes with highest FC passenger usage first, then expanded to other routes as seen fit.

In short, I'd make the HSTs even better for passengers than they are now.

Status
Not open for further replies.