• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Teesside Airport Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

_toommm_

Established Member
I'm just wondering really how easy it is to exit the station onto the main road next to it? Does it exit directly into the cul-de-sac at the airport or can I reasonably get onto the main road next to it?

I understand the footbridge isn't in the best state. I was going to get off on Sunday and walk to either Dinsdale.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Marton

No access.
There is a map on the National Rail website, but it still has the bridge open. I’m not sure it is.

_toommm_

Established Member
So if I was to get off there, I'd be stuck? Would I have to jump a small fence or something?

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
So if I was to get off there, I'd be stuck? Would I have to jump a small fence or something?

There is no access to that main road unless you jump the fence (but be advised the station is at quite an elevation to the road so it's less jumping and more climbing streetview shows the position). But it's perfectly possibly to walk to Dinsdale via the cul-de-sac as it's not within the airport security perimeter and leads to a small business park/industrial estate. Google Maps correctly identifies the walk route.

With regards to the bridge I'm not 100% certain but I believe the only barrier is some warning tape. Whether you wish to duck under such tape is a matter for you!

Kite159

Veteran Member
There is no access to that main road unless you jump the fence (but be advised the station is at quite an elevation to the road so it's less jumping and more climbing streetview shows the position). But it's perfectly possibly to walk to Dinsdale via the cul-de-sac as it's not within the airport security perimeter and leads to a small business park/industrial estate. Google Maps correctly identifies the walk route.

With regards to the bridge I'm not 100% certain but I believe the only barrier is some warning tape. Whether you wish to duck under such tape is a matter for you!

Judging by a picture I've seen in the last few weeks, I believe the tape has been upgraded to a chain with a notice on.

_toommm_

Established Member

Thank you for that! Much appreciated.

Esker-pades

Established Member
I made the mistake of approaching from the road when I visited the station and had to climb up to get to the platform. It wasn't difficult, but wasn't fun (especially in the snow).

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
I guess I just know these things by dint of being a local but I do find myself tickled by the number of people that have made the mistake of thinking that the station is accessible from the main road :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.