• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tele extender

Status
Not open for further replies.

mumrar

Established Member
Now, I don't want any sniggering at the back when I discuss increasing ones length, but..............

Jessops currently selling off Sigma EX DG 1.4x tele-extender (for details click here) at a discount for Nikon and Canon fit SLRs. Canon one is down from £137.01 to £48.93, Nikon down to £97.86.

Bought mine today, I'll post a link when I get some shots done with my (admittedly not top-end) 70-300 IS USM which with the APS-C sensor as well will become a 157-672mm effectively.

Just for anyone who may be interested.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BJMorley

I'm intersted, I always want to know what the difference is between having one or not, maybe the same shot with it and without?

D306

Established Member
I should really get this for my camera, as i've got a small lens (let's not be childish as mumrar said)

mumrar

Established Member
Differences as I can remember are:-

Pros: More zoom, shallower depth of field effect (like an expensive f2.8 lens), better macro magnification (same minimum focus at greater focal length)

Cons: Less light gets through, more camera shake, slower operation or complete loss of AF, magnification of any lens distortion, can cause AE to play up/need compensation.

Hope this all helps

D306

Established Member
Thought you had a S9500?

I did, but it broke again (not that I was careless with it). It broke somewhere between my house and Cyprus. The thing was, I used it the previous day as well and it worked fine then. The batteries wern't the problem nor the memory card door either. I found something on the internet about it though. some other people had the same problem as me with it. there was one person who had been using it for about 2 hours and it completly died on him

Status
Not open for further replies.