• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Televisions on buses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AY1975

Established Member
These were definetely in West Yorkshire on Airedale - Castleford routes as I used to have a weekly trip to town with my gran and vividly remember On The Buses on the bus :D

The advertising was a complete fail though as I remember absolutely nothing of adverts on them!

I also seem to recall that a few years ago Coastliner's route 840/843 Leeds-York-Scarborough/Whitby had TVs showing adverts for various visitor attractions along the route. Not sure if they still have them.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Andyh82

Established Member
I think there needs to be a distinction here between TVs showing actual TV programmes which is what the original poster was talking about, as introduced by British Bus in the 1990s

And today's monitors, that many buses have, showing next bus info, various slides about tickets, images from cctv cameras etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.