• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Temple Mills Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waikikibaby

I'm due to attend an interview shortly for a position within Eurostar that will be based out of their Temple Mills depot. I want to relocate to an area within Milton Keynes / Bedford / Hertfordshire etc but I'm struggling to work out a travel route.

There doesn't appear to be any real stations near to the depot other than Leyton underground station 1 mile away, Stratford International 1.7 miles away, Leyton Midland Road overground station 1.6 miles away or Leytonstone High Road overground station 1.7 miles away.

Are there really no services that take staff directly to the depot? How do existing staff get there? I'd appreciate any suggestions so that I can thoroughly research my options in the hope that I'm offered the position.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Ask if they still run the staff mini bus from outside ASDA at Leyton, about a 2 minute walk from Leyton tube.

332 > 444

Yes, they still run the lil mini bus. What position is it going there?

From early spring, Lea Bridge will also be a station along the Stratford - Tottenham Hale route

Waikikibaby

Yes, they still run the lil mini bus. What position is it going there?

From early spring, Lea Bridge will also be a station along the Stratford - Tottenham Hale route

Operations Controller for the Engineering centre. I like a challenge LOL

Latecomer

Fold up bike from Tottenham Hale? There are safe traffic-free cycling routes via the tow path alongside the river Lea through the Lee Valley park and waterways right to the doorstep of the depot.

Waikikibaby

Fold up bike from Tottenham Hale? There are safe traffic-free cycling routes via the tow path alongside the river Lea through the Lee Valley park and waterways right to the doorstep of the depot.

That sounds like it could be do-able although my cycle skills leave a lot to be desired!

Although the re-opening of Lea Bridge station would be perfect! Train direct from Broxbourne or Cheshunt then a gentle mile long walk and I think we have a winner LOL

Waikikibaby

Good luck with your interview firstly..

Absolutely! I just like to make sure I'm prepared for all the questions about how I would get to work for the shifts.

Fingers crossed, now to learn everything I can about Eurostar.

Status
Not open for further replies.