• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Temporary Gateline License to permanent

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie86

Hi!

I have just got my temp gateline assistant license and I'll be working at London Bridge during the Olympics and Paralympics. I was wondering if this is good enough to put on my CV and apply for roles on the railway?

I think that I'm going to enjoy this job and would love to do it full time.

Can anyone offer any advice on what to do next (after the olympics)?

Cheers

Charlie

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Railguy

Hello there!

Certainly, the experience of working on gateline barriers will be quite useful when applying for other roles, as it shows you can work under pressure and in a demanding environment dealing with Customers through most of your shift.

The Gateline Assistang licence isn't really useful when applying for, let's say, the same permanent position with a TOC as the would most likely want to re-train you in any way (A clear definite for Platform and Ticket Office staff, so should be similar to Gateliners :) )

Having that said, it IS a valuable experience as the position is focused on Customer Service :)

EDIT: If for some reason, you wanted to work through an Agency on the Railway, i.e STM Security or Express Rail Staffing Solutions, they would probably consider the gateline operator licence useful as they wouldn't have to spend money training you.

Last edited:

Established Member
Hi!

I have just got my temp gateline assistant license and I'll be working at London Bridge during the Olympics and Paralympics. I was wondering if this is good enough to put on my CV and apply for roles on the railway?

I think that I'm going to enjoy this job and would love to do it full time.

Can anyone offer any advice on what to do next (after the olympics)?

Cheers

Charlie

License!? Crikey! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.