• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TER Côte d'Azur - Youth Fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brucey

I am looking at fares for the SNCF TER between Nice-Ville and Monaco-Monte-Carlo but finding it difficult to understand the youth (under 25s) fares.

Looking on the TER website, the fare is €3.90 each way. No mention of youth fares.

On Voyages-SNCF (selecting France as the country to get prices in Euros), the journey comes up as €2.00 with a Carte Jeune (which I don't have) or €3.00 as "DECOUVERTE 12-25".

The discount is only €1.80 on a return journey, but can anyone let me know what the conditions for this fare are? Can't seem to find them with my limited French knowledge. Is it simply 25 and under with no railcard purchase needed? Presumably 25 inclusive?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Brucey

Absolutely, the only condition for the "découverte 12-25" fare is to be less than 26 years old. You may need to proof this with ID.

The discount (25% off) only applies during the blue period of this calendar: http://medias.sncf.com/sncfcom/pdf/calendrier/calendriervoyageur.pdf

This fare is not be confused with the carte 12-25 / carte Jeune railcard fare

Thanks, seems simple enough. I did wonder why some journeys were marked periode bleue and others periode blanche.

Are the discounts available on TER ticket machines? E.g. at Nice-Saint Augustin?

Also, do the TER machines accept credit cards?

NicholasNCE

TER Machines definitely sell the fare, you'll just need to find it in the long list of available fares with the turnwheel. They aren't the most intuitive machines to use at first.

They all accept credit/debit cards, and some coins but never banknotes.

However, Nice St Augustin is usually staffed so you can probably just get your ticket from the counter. There are 2 tickets machines otherwise IIRC
And finally, you can buy and print your tickets online here: https://paca.shop.ter-sncf.mobi/selection/transport?productId=455559996

Last edited:

Brucey

TER Machines definitely sell the fare, you'll just need to find it in the long list of available fares with the turnwheel. They aren't the most intuitive machines to use at first.

They all accept credit/debit cards, and some coins but never banknotes.

However, Nice St Augustin is usually staffed so you can probably just get your ticket from the counter. There are 2 tickets machines otherwise IIRC
And finally, you can buy and print your tickets online here: https://paca.shop.ter-sncf.mobi/selection/transport?productId=455559996

Thanks NicholasNCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.