• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Terminals Only ticket confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Eden

I have a Terminals Only ticket from Norwood Junction (zone 4) to London terminals. I mainly use it to get to work at London Bridge. I also seem to be able to exit/enter at Balham, Clapham Junction, Gipsy Hill and even Selhurst, but the ticket won’t get me through the Crystal Palace barrier. For the last few years when I’ve gone there, the staff have let me through at CP but today I had an argument with the guy in the ticket office and he said my ticket isn’t valid there. He was very rude!
I don’t get it - Crystal Palace is on the route from London Bridge/London Victoria to Norwood Junction, so why can’t I get on/off at CP when I want to? The ticket office guy today said getting off at Balham/Clapham Junction is fine because you can change there to/from Waterloo/Victoria - but you can also do that at Crystal Palace.
It feels like this hasn’t been 100% decided so I’d rather not have to pay extra if it’s not necessary.
Does anyone have any ideas/answers?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
A Norwood Junction to London Terminals season ticket is absolutely valid to start or end at Crystal Palace, just as it is at any other station on permitted routes. I'd complain to London Overground and ask them when they will re-train their staff.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The majority of railway staff are excellent but there is a significant minority who are poorly trained and like to make up their own rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.