• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tesco Clubcard Redspottedhanky offer going down from 3x to 2x on 01/12/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillPS

Established Member
So, in between making berzillions from the stock exchange (hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha) you spend a decent amount of time looking for Tesco Clubcard points hacks. Perhaps you could get a piece on Bloomberg.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

All Line Rover

Established Member
So your parents allow you to spend their money on lots and lots of cutlery?

No, my money, which I won in a competition a few years ago.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I have literally never read anything so ridiculous.

What's ridiculous about it? In one week I clear out all of my local stores, as well as those in Liverpool town centre, Manchester town centre, and Birmingham town centre. Imagine if many more people had known about the offer!

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
What's ridiculous about it? In one week I clear out all of my local stores, as well as those in Liverpool town centre, Manchester town centre, and Birmingham town centre. Imagine if many more people had known about the offer!

So you clear out cutlery supplies across North West England so you can get cheap train travel?

WillPS

Established Member
This thread utterly wreaks of pretension and BS - and perhaps if ALR cut that out he'd get along with others a little better.

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
I'm not sure I'd want someone who wasn't allowed to trade on the stock market "advising" me.

Pumbaa

Established Member
If you do not know how to turn £100 in cash into £600 of Redspottedhanky vouchers, that is your problem, not mine. And if you do not know how to make a small fortune on the stock market, that is your problem, not mine. Without these "methods" (;)) I would never be able to afford First Class travel.

********** KLAXON.

So you're under 16, yet use the stock market. How exactly?

Either:

a) you're lying
b) you're lying or
c) you're not lying but you're being fraudalent.

You have to be 16 to trade shares/stocks/gilts/IOUs/anything using a high street portfolio based account, because you need a regular account, a national insurance number, an income from job security to offset any potential losses, and it becomes pretty much a full time job due to the high charges incurred.

So either:

a) you're lying that you're not 16 and you do this pretty much as a full time job
b) you're lying because someone else does it for you, and thus you have not made a small fortune
c) you're being fraudalent and running it under the age of 16.

So which is it?

All Line Rover

Established Member
So you clear out cutlery supplies across North West England so you can get cheap train travel?

No, not then, as this was two years ago and Redspottedhanky wasn't around then. But I did clear out cutlery supplies across North West England to fund a few restaurant trips, yes. :D

Last edited:

Pumbaa

Established Member
What's ridiculous about it? In one week I clear out all of my local stores, as well as those in Liverpool town* centre, Manchester town** centre, and Birmingham town*** centre. Imagine if many more people had known about the offer!

*City **City ***City
I'm not sure I'd want someone who wasn't allowed to trade on the stock market "advising" me.

Or tying my shoelaces.

All Line Rover

Established Member
This thread utterly wreaks of pretension and BS - and perhaps if ALR cut that out he'd get along with others a little better.

There aren't many people around like me. That's a good thing IMO, and if you aren't happy with it or don't believe it, that's not my problem.

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I'm sorry, this whole thread just seems like absolute bull to me. You don't do yourself any favours ALR, you really don't.

All Line Rover

Established Member
*City **City ***City

I've always considered a "city" to have a town centre. I've never said "Chester City Centre" for example.
I'm sorry, this whole thread just seems like absolute bull to me. You don't do yourself any favours ALR, you really don't.

As I've said, suit yourself. If everyone was like me, I think there would be havoc!

WillPS

Established Member
So - you're such a master of Business Studies and Economics that you are advise others on their investments, and yet you don't seem to understand that there's no way the promotion in question is economically sustainable.

Yeah bloody right.
There aren't many people around like me. That's a good thing IMO, and if you aren't happy with it or don't believe it, that's not my problem.

I agree, it's a very good thing you're in the minority on here.

Last edited:

Marklund

The plastic picnic cutlery in July this year produced 80 CCP for £1.75. At the 3x deals it was worth £2.40 in RSH deals.

He'll not be the only person who bought shed loads. There's forums dedicated to Tesco deals.

Me? I didn't go overboard, but bought every pack that my local store had, and converted them to Airmiles, then sold the cutlery at a slight loss to recoup cash.

Win win.

snail

Established Member
For what you're saying to be correct, Tesco would have to be giving away twice the face value of the product in points.
That's not uncommon on discontinued lines or where manufacturers subsidise the offers to get products noticed. It's usually a case of being in the right place at the right time to get the offers (e.g. a Tesco store ;) or reading the MSE newsletter).

One of the classic past promotions was Johnson's Baby Powder - you got 100 extra points for spending something like 75p. (Sounds appropriate for ALR, don't you think?). Or the person who funded a flight to New Zealand by buying up ready meals and donating them to the homeless.

WillPS

Established Member
That's not uncommon on discontinued lines or where manufacturers subsidise the offers to get products noticed. It's usually a case of being in the right place at the right time to get the offers (e.g. a Tesco store ;) or reading the MSE newsletter).

One of the classic past promotions was Johnson's Baby Powder - you got 100 extra points for spending something like 75p. (Sounds appropriate for ALR, don't you think?). Or the person who funded a flight to New Zealand by buying up ready meals and donating them to the homeless.

100 points is £1 - twice 75p is £1.50...

All Line Rover

Established Member
100 points is £1 - twice 75p is £1.50...

100 points could be converted into £4 of rewards. £4 - £1.50 = £2.50 profit. Simples! :roll:
Maybe some sort if briefcase too

No I don't have a briefcase - I have a suitcase and a bag for my laptop.
********** KLAXON.

So you're under 16, yet use the stock market. How exactly?

Either:

a) you're lying
b) you're lying or
c) you're not lying but you're being fraudalent.

You have to be 16 to trade shares/stocks/gilts/IOUs/anything using a high street portfolio based account, because you need a regular account, a national insurance number, an income from job security to offset any potential losses, and it becomes pretty much a full time job due to the high charges incurred.

So either:

a) you're lying that you're not 16 and you do this pretty much as a full time job
b) you're lying because someone else does it for you, and thus you have not made a small fortune
c) you're being fraudalent and running it under the age of 16.

So which is it?

Pumbaa, if you had the slightest bit of knowledge about Business Studies & Economics, you would know that the minimum age someone has to be to trade stocks and shares in the UK is 18. Not 16.

You would also know that a custodial account can be opened on behalf of a minor of any age. You would also know that a custodial account does not mean that the parent/guardian attached to that account is the only one who can be involved in the decision making process of what stocks and Investment Trusts to buy and sell.

Your lack of knowledge, obvious jealousy and foul language does not do you any favors. Investing in stocks and shares is very interesting and can be very fun, so I suggest you read up on it if you fancy having a go. Then you too (if your investments go well) can have a few "First Class trips." ;) You can have even more "First Class trips" if you make good use of the Routeing Guide and attend one of this forum's excellent Fares Workshops (announced by Yorkie from time to time). ;)

I have not made a "fortune" through stocks and shares, as I do not have enough savings that I am prepared to risk. I've made a reasonable amount of profit and hope to make much more in future! :D

I do not have a high-street portfolio-based account. Instead, my parents use a stockbroker through which I am able to choose my own selection of stocks and Investment Trusts. Since you are a Business Studies & Economics expert, you should also know that anyone who invests their money in a PLC has limited liability, so the most an investor can lose is the value of their equity capital. An investor does not need "an income from job security to offset any potential losses." If you invest in the stock market, you should be prepared to lose your investment. If you are not prepared to lose your investment, do not invest in the stock market.

This really is off-topic now, but your uninformed and incorrect post demands a response.

Last edited:

DarloRich

Veteran Member
URGENT - If you have any spare Tesco Clubcard vouchers lying about, convert them to Redspottedhanky e-vouchers before December 1st!

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=1916

Tesco Clubcard vouchers can currently be TREBLED into Redspottedhanky e-vouchers. From 01/12/11, they will only be DOUBLED.

• £10 of Tesco Clubcard vouchers = £30 of Redspottedhanky e-vouchers (until 30/11/11)
  • £10 of Tesco Clubcard vouchers = £20 of Redspottedhanky e-vouchers (from 01/12/11)

I AM LIVID!! <( :( :cry:

At least I have converted all my vouchers already - I have over £600 of Redspottedhanky e-vouchers. :D This is still very sad news as I and others will not be able to convert vouchers in future at a decent rate. :cry:

I hope this post will prevent others from getting caught out next month!

Thank goodness you posted the above formula - I would NEVER have been able to work out what treble and double £10 meant. Lucky you told me or I would have beem stumped - phew! :roll:

So an "extra" is being reduced a little bit. They are only offering to DOUBLE your money! Terrible!

I mean personally I would be concerned that the whole European (and perhaps world) economy is teetering on the brink of a vast abyss, that we might be dragged down with them, that millions of people are out of work, that the chances are that millions more will join them, that some people in this country this winter will have to choose between putting the lights or the heat on, that some people in this country don’t have enough food to eat or somewhere to live, that too many people in this country cant read and write properly, that there might not be enough money left at the end of the moth to pay all the bills, keep the car running, pay the mortgage, buy the food and clothing we all need or that I, a relative, or close friend might contact some horrific life limiting disease or that we might all be eaten by a vast planet eating space monster.

However, I now see that these concerns pale into insignificance against the fact that RSH will only DOUBLE (yes DOUBLE) the value of any Tesco Club Card Vouchers that I trade in before the end of 2011 - you have convinced me that this is the most important issue facing us today.

Yes it isn’t as good as getting treble the value of your vouchers, everyone can see that, but it is hardly a disgrace, or the end of the world. Worst things happen at sea! (Apparently)

I honestly can not believe this thread! Really, I can’t! I do wonder if some people have any understanding of the real world or how big business operates. PLEASE try and get a bit of perspective!

Pumbaa

Established Member
Pumbaa, if you had the slightest bit of knowledge about Business Studies & Economics, you would know that the minimum age someone has to be to trade stocks and shares in the UK is 18. Not 16.

I disagree - high street banks will allow you to open a trading account from the age of 16. An independant stockbroker will for the right price also act on your behalf from that age.

Edit - I stand correct on the part of all but one high street bank.

You would also know that a custodial account can be opened on behalf of a minor of any age. You would also know that a custodial account does not mean that the parent/guardian attached to that account is the only one who can be involved in the decision making process of what stocks and Investment Trusts to buy and sell.

Of limited transaction admittedly.

Your lack of knowledge, obvious jealousy and foul language does not do you any favors. Investing in stocks and shares is very interesting and can be very fun, so I suggest you read up on it if you fancy having a go. Then you too (if your investments go well) can have a few "First Class trips." ;) You can have even more "First Class trips" if you make good use of the Routeing Guide and attend one of this forum's excellent Fares Workshops (announced by Yorkie from time to time). ;)

*favours. Thank you for the patronising smalltalk, however I know it is interesting. I have a varied portfolio thanks, however I have no interest in first class trips. My foul language and irritation (not jealousy) is obvious, mainly due to by my own admission having a short fuse, and you being a complete arse.

I am proficient in the use of the routeing guide thank you.

I do not have a high-street portfolio-based account. Instead, my parents use a stockbroker through which I am able to choose my own selection of stocks and Investment Trusts. Since you are a Business Studies & Economics expert, you should also know that anyone who invests their money in a PLC has limited liability, so the most an investor can lose is the value of their equity capital. An investor does not need "an income from job security to offset any potential losses." If you invest in the stock market, you should be prepared to lose your investment. If you are not prepared to lose your investment, do not invest in the stock market.

Good for them. I trust they also gilded your pram with lilies and gold?

To your second point, again high street banks with trading accounts disagree and will ask to see a second account with a regular salary or otherwise professional earning (parental/guardian income and goodwill excluded, other than through cheating the system) in order that should you lose everything, you have the means to pay your debts if they are summoned. You may lose all value of your holdings, but still have to pay the bank for their troubles.

A stockbroker will similarly ask for a security or reassurance.

This really is off-topic now, but your uninformed and incorrect post demands a response.

Not at all. I have answered your above points. Ironic considering you failed to answer my challenges in previous threads where you purported your opinion as fact, and then didn't back it up.

Last edited:

All Line Rover

Established Member
I mean personally I would be concerned that the whole European (and perhaps world) economy is teetering on the brink of a vast abyss, that we might be dragged down with them, that millions of people are out of work, that the chances are that millions more will join them, that some people in this country this winter will have to choose between putting the lights or the heat on, that some people in this country don’t have enough food to eat or somewhere to live, that too many people in this country cant read and write properly, that there might not be enough money left at the end of the moth to pay all the bills, keep the car running, pay the mortgage, buy the food and clothing we all need or that I, a relative, or close friend might contact some horrific life limiting disease or that we might all be eaten by a vast planet eating space monster.

The economy is the responsibility of politicians. I can't see it on the brink of a vast abyss, either.

However, I now see that these concerns pale into insignificance against the fact that RSH will only DOUBLE (yes DOUBLE) the value of any Tesco Club Card Vouchers that I trade in before the end of 2011 - you have convinced me that this is the most important issue facing us today.

Yes it isn’t as good as getting treble the value of your vouchers, everyone can see that, but it is hardly a disgrace, or the end of the world. Worst things happen at sea! (Apparently)

I honestly can not believe this thread! Really, I can’t! I do wonder if some people have any understanding of the real world or how big business operates. PLEASE try and get a bit of perspective!

To most people, no, this issue isn't a big deal at all. But for someone who can collect almost 30000 Clubcard points every few months, I will only get £600 of Redspottedhanky e-vouchers compared to £900 from next month. That's means I will lose £300 (£300!) on my next statement. For the average Joe, that's not a big problem, but for me, that's an issue.

I fully understand that what ATOS are doing is not economically viable, but then why did they do it in the first place!? Why did they not advertise it as an introductory offer? I accept that having £600 of e-vouchers is a fantastic deal, and I will simply convert my Tesco Clubcard vouchers to different "rewards" in future. But is there any reason for me to use Redspottedhanky in future, or to recommend it to others? No. Which is a shame, as so far about 10 people have joined Redspottedhanky based on my advice!

Darandio

Established Member
The economy is the responsibility of politicians. I can't see it on the brink of a vast abyss, either.

Being the expert you are, I trust that judgement. Obviously the rest of the world is completely wrong and you are right.

To most people, no, this issue isn't a big deal at all. But for someone who can collect almost 30000 Clubcard points every few months, I will only get £600 of Redspottedhanky e-vouchers compared to £900 from next month. That's means I will lose £300 (£300!) on my next statement. For the average Joe, that's not a big problem, but for me, that's an issue.

Do you post nonsense on purpose? How are you "losing" £300 when you didn't have it to lose in the first place?

All Line Rover

Established Member
I disagree - high street banks will allow you to open a trading account from the age of 16. An independant stockbroker will for the right price also act on your behalf from that age.

I never said that I (or my parents) had a high-street portfolio-based account.

Of limited transaction admittedly.

What? You expect a minor to invest £100k+ of shares in the stock market? :roll: :lol:

*favours. Thank you for the patronising smalltalk, however I know it is interesting. I have a varied portfolio thanks, however I have no interest in first class trips. My foul language and irritation (not jealousy) is obvious, mainly due to by my own admission having a short fuse, and you being a complete arse.

I hope your investment is going well.

If you have no interest in First Class trips, why do you feel it necessary to criticize my own First Class trips? And if you have a "short fuse," why do you feel it necessary to post pointless, rude "information?"

I am proficient in the use of the routeing guide thank you.

That's excellent. :)

To your second point, again high street banks with trading accounts disagree and will ask to see a second account with a regular salary or otherwise professional earning (parental/guardian income and goodwill excluded, other than through cheating the system) in order that should you lose everything, you have the means to pay your debts if they are summoned. You may lose all value of your holdings, but still have to pay the bank for their troubles.

A stockbroker will similarly ask for a security or reassurance.

That may be necessary for some high-street accounts, but it is rarely necessary for stockbrokers.

Not at all. I have answered your above points. Ironic considering you failed to answer my challenges in previous threads where you purported your opinion as fact, and then didn't back it up.

My opinion is not fact. Just like your own opinion is not fact.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.