• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tesco Clubcard Redspottedhanky offer going down from 3x to 2x on 01/12/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Line Rover

Established Member
own brand still full of rubbish, as per everyone else i am taking your comments with a pinch of salt, your stories have changed in every post youve made in this thread. suggest a mod perhaps locks the thread?

No, I do not suggest the thread is locked, as my stories have not changed.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Squaddie

No, you misunderstand. Most of these points are accumulated using "bonus points" offers, not how much I spend on groceries.
Even if you got triple points on everything you'd still have to be spending about £3,000 a month at Tesco to collect 30,000 points every quarter.

I spend a lot, both at Tesco and on my Tesco credit card, and rarely collect more than 3,000 points a quarter. And yet you claim to amass ten times that many?

island

Veteran Member
Personally I think Redspottedhanky should be as big as Thetrainline. The booking engine is much better, for example. But it will never happen unless they go on a big (and expensive) advertising campaign with constant adverts on TV and posters splashed all over station.

Ideally, people should know that WebTIS sites (East Coast, London Midland, Redspottedhanky, etc...) are best most of the time, except other TOC websites when they have special offers, and Virgin when booking a journey on Virgin Trains.

You forgot Groupsave, which WebTIS doesn't offer.

All Line Rover

Established Member
However, I think maths is not your strongest subject ....

I think I am fairly good at Maths considering I am doing an A-level in the subject.

£100/week equals £5200 a year.

Yes, good point. :oops: Although you forgot our summer holiday (which lasts a fortnight) and our December holiday (which lasts a fortnight). ;)

What the <expletive of choice here> are those cartridges made from? Gold or Palladium?

I did remember hearing that, per ml of ink, Epson cartridges cost more than the finest of champagne! They weren't extremely expensive - I simply bought a lot.

Last edited:

richw

Veteran Member
Contrary to what many people think, I am not lying.

NB: "My account" means my mother's account, by the way. ;) I also do not have the physical statement as I shredded it as soon as I received it. On second thought, I really should have kept it as a souvenir! :D I will do so next time...

Is it yours or your mums? earlier it was yours, now its your mums account? I was impressed when i manaeged 5600 points in a quarter, as we moved into our first house and bought loads of furniture from direct, and electrical goods instore

All Line Rover

Established Member
Even if you got triple points on everything you'd still have to be spending about £3,000 a month at Tesco to collect 30,000 points every quarter.

I spend a lot, both at Tesco and on my Tesco credit card, and rarely collect more than 3,000 points a quarter. And yet you claim to amass ten times that many?

Not, no every quarter (shown by the fact that in the last two years I have received over £750 of vouchers, of which over £250 were from the past three months). But when Tesco have a good offer on, I can amass a truly HUGE sum of points!

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
I think I am fairly good at Maths considering I am doing an A-level in the subject.

That would be why you got some simple arithmetic wrong?

I wonder why we're still here considering the OP has already admitted to posting one bit of misleading information.

richw

Veteran Member
I can remember the story - I was annoyed that Tesco reduced the Redspottedhanky conversion rate from 3x to 2x. But as I've realized that my family can actually have TWO Clubcard accounts, that's not so bad...

but you'll still earn the same number of points regardless of how many accounts you have so makes no difference

All Line Rover

Established Member
That would be why you got some simple arithmetic wrong?

I wonder why we're still here considering the OP has already admitted to posting one bit of misleading information.

Even the best of mathematicians can make simple mistakes. Humans aren't infallible! (Some students doing A-Level mathematics can't even work out 8 squared. :roll:)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
but you'll still earn the same number of points regardless of how many accounts you have so makes no difference

I do not feel obliged to answer that.
30000 Clubcard points every few month? Really? I don't believe that one bit, although I am prepared to eat my hat should a scan of a statement be uploaded....

I will provide you with a hat if required. ;)

Last edited:

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
(Some students doing A-Level mathematics can't even work out 8 squared. )
I wouldn't say something like that unless my own house was in order. It appears that some students doing A-Level mathematics can't even multiply 100 by 52 either.
I do not feel obliged to answer that.

Why not? It's a fair and valid point. The only reason I can think of that would cause you not to answer is if you were going to deliberately defraud the Clubcard scheme? Surely not?

All Line Rover

Established Member
I wouldn't expect a self-professed genius to get simple arithmetic wrong.

I am not a genius.

Why not? It's a fair and valid point. The only reason I can think of that would cause you not to answer is if you were going to deliberately defraud the Clubcard scheme? Surely not?

Because the reason is so obvious I assumed that anyone could work it out. Two people can earn more points than one!
your statement shows 25000 points so no hat required, i also believe to be a photoshop as the lining of the numbers is slightly out after careful examination

It is not a photoshop. I don't have photoshop installed on my computer! (I have Paint.NET). I suggest you log into your own Tesco Clubcard account and compare the results for yourself.

It is also impossible for one person to collect exactly 30000 Clubcard points as Tesco will cut you off from the scheme if you do.

Last edited:

Squaddie

Not, no every quarter (shown by the fact that in the last two years I have received over £750 of vouchers, of which over £250 were from the past three months).
But just a few hours ago you said that you collect that many points every quarter and were expecting the same number of points next quarter too.
But for someone who can collect almost 30000 Clubcard points every few months, I will only get £600 of Redspottedhanky e-vouchers compared to £900 from next month. That's means I will lose £300 (£300!) on my next statement.
I'm beginning to think you may be a fantasist.

All Line Rover

Established Member
But just a few hours ago you said that you collect that many points every quarter and were expecting the same number of points next quarter too.
I'm beginning to think you may be a fantasist.

I do expect to collect almost 30000 points in my next statement as the offer I was using should return at the end of this month.

In the past 2 years, I have collected (approximately) --- points, which is approximately 30000 every few months. It's not 30000 every quarter, though.

Last edited:

richw

Veteran Member
I refer you to the following post:

Unfortunately it appears to have been edited by you at 18.32 today (the original post was approx ~12.00). Trying to backtrack?

several of his posts were edited after flaws were pointed out in his remarks

All Line Rover

Established Member
Unfortunately it appears to have been edited by you at 18.32 today (the original post was approx ~12.00). Trying to backtrack?

As someone who got A*'s on all of their GCSE's and who is attending college a year early, I think it is fair to say that I am cleverer than most people my age. But that doesn't mean I'm a genius - I'm not, and I don't claim to be one!

I edited the post to remove some personal information that, on second thought, I didn't feel was necessary to include. I'm not trying to backtrack on everything, but as I've said, no one is infallible.

bnm

Established Member
I will provide you with a hat if required. ;)

I've seen part of a statement with a total of around 25000. Show me the full statement that has the figures that add up to that 25000 and I'll give my flatcap a chew. I'll post a picture of me doing so as well. Only fair!

ralphchadkirk

Established Member
As someone who got A*'s on all of their GCSE's and who is attending college a year early, I think it is fair to say that I am cleverer than most people my age. But that doesn't mean I'm a genius - I'm not, and I don't claim to be one!

Arrogance is not a nice trait.

richw

Veteran Member
I've seen part of a statement with a total of around 25000. Show me the full statement that has the figures that add up to that 25000 and I'll give my flatcap a chew. I'll post a picture of me doing so as well. Only fair!

the part he shows adds up to around 400 - 500 without adding accurately in 3 weeks, so say an average of 150 a week. Adds up to around 1500-2000 points a quarter!

All Line Rover

Established Member

Right - I've taken enough screenshots now! :lol: Again, I have edited out the Clubcard number and names of stores near me. Sorry about the bad merging of screenshots - I rushed a bit.

Richw - you will see that it is not a photoshop.

EDIT: Images now removed since they have proved my point and I don't want them to remain if the thread gets locked.

Last edited:

bengolding

Come on, let's give ALR some slack here. This is turning into a "Us against him" thread, totally unrelated to the forum. I commend him for using not abusing the system to his advantage, but the discussion is going full circle.

richw

Veteran Member
so your too young to have your own clubcard, yet are earning your mum points by buying wine.....

All Line Rover

Established Member
so your too young to have your own clubcard, yet are earning your mum points by buying wine.....

The points have not been earned by buying wine. ;) :lol:

I have proved that I am not lying - I never do and will not stand idly by when claims are made that I am. I don't think Redspottedhanky or Tesco can be discussed in any more detail, so I will now cease discussion in this thread. Others can speculate further if they wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.