• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tesco Clubcard Redspottedhanky offer going down from 3x to 2x on 01/12/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBrown

That statement, if true, shows serious signs of fraud. How can you have two lots of 2126 points on the same day (18/10/11) followed by another collection of 6382 points the next day (which, prehaps coincidentaly, is just 4 points away from being exactly 3 x 2126). You are also, as an under 18, breaking the terms and conditions of Tesco Direct by being underage AND using somebody elses account.

I would suggest that this thread is locked before ALR gets himself in serious trouble. At best, he's lying to us but not actually misusing the Clubcard scheme. At worst, it could potentially become a criminal offence. For your own good, ALR, PLEASE stop digging yourself into deeper and deeper trouble.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

All Line Rover

Established Member
That statement, if true, shows serious signs of fraud. How can you have two lots of 2126 points on the same day (18/10/11) followed by another collection of 6382 points the next day (which, prehaps coincidentaly, is just 4 points away from being exactly 3 x 2126). You are also, as an under 18, breaking the terms and conditions of Tesco Direct by being underage AND using somebody elses account.

I would suggest that this thread is locked before ALR gets himself in serious trouble. At best, he's lying to us but not actually misusing the Clubcard scheme. At worst, it could potentially become a criminal offence. For your own good, ALR, PLEASE stop digging yourself into deeper and deeper trouble.

It is not fraud at all. Tesco Direct had a bonus points offer on a particular category of product, from which I bought numerous items over a few days (well, my mother bought them on my behalf!). The offer was limited to 30000 points per person - clearly stated on the page - so I was well within the rules.

The points denominations do seem unusual, but it was 500 bonus points per product PLUS 2 points per pound spent. Also, the reason why I had two transactions with the same amount of points on the same day, was because a £5 off £50 e-voucher was available, so I decided to split up the transaction (of about £110) into two parts. It all makes perfect sense and is completely legitimite. I'm sure Tesco were very happy with the amount I spent!

Last edited:

bnm

Established Member
Right - I've taken enough screenshots now! :lol: Again, I have edited out the Clubcard number and names of stores near me. Sorry about the bad merging of screenshots - I rushed a bit.

That'll do me. As it not 30000 though, I'm only chewing my hat. As promised: :lol:

Attachments

• Chew me hat.jpg
    Chew me hat.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 42

richw

Veteran Member
Well, like Clubcards, my household is allowed to have more than one hat.:p

I'm not sure the fashion police will approve of that :p (although more approving than would be of some of my clothing)

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

DarloRich

Veteran Member
To retrun to my post at #156 - Are you buying things that you dont actually want or need Do you just buy them to get the points? What if the offer is on a £450 TV? What do you do with the goods if you dont want them? Do you sell them on Ebay or something? Do you simply monitor Tesco and buy the bonus items?

I still think it must be nice to have money to burn like this. I go to tesco (other retialers are available) with a list of things i NEED! Although i might LIKE something if i dont NEED it i dont get it. I suspect many people in the real world are i nthe same boat.

THAT is why you save your vouchers form Chirstmas - becuase otherwise you dont get all the extra things people like at Chirstmas - Why becuase all your money hads gone on bills and the mortgage and fuel!

Oh to have the cash and the free time to play the system :(

Train jaune

On a positive note, I didn't know how many clubcard tokens I had or that you could do a X3 on redspottedhanky. Consequently I've just changed £15 into £45. It's like magic, and the trick still works at x2, just not as spectaularly.

hantsman1205

Oh I'm sowwy. :( ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

It's nice to put a name to a face. :lol:

Have you actually put all yr/mums CC points into RSH? Im just thinking that if they pull the exp date of 2010 you could lose quite a bit. Atos don't have a good name in the medical world just google them.

Also I don't think I could bear a thread on "RSH defaults on exp date of 2020 for train tickets" :roll:

All Line Rover

Established Member
Have you actually put all yr/mums CC points into RSH? Im just thinking that if they pull the exp date of 2010 you could lose quite a bit. Atos don't have a good name in the medical world just google them.

Also I don't think I could bear a thread on "RSH defaults on exp date of 2020 for train tickets" :roll:

True, that is a risk. But if that happened, Tesco would refund the points. Two years ago, a restaurant we converted vouchers for went into administration and refused to accept Tesco vouchers, so we sent the vouchers to Tesco and immediately recieved a points refund. My experience with Tesco is that they have EXCELLENT customer service!

This is slightly back on topic too. ;)

DavidBrown

But if that happened, Tesco would refund the points.

No they wouldn't.

The experience you had with the restaurant is completely different - them going into administration was completely out of your control, and so as goodwill Tesco refunded your points. But letting your vouchers expire is COMPLETELY within your control, so you would lose it all if they expired.

All Line Rover

Established Member
No they wouldn't.

The experience you had with the restaurant is completely different - them going into administration was completely out of your control, and so as goodill Tesco refunded your points. But letting your vouchers expire is COMPLETELY within your control, so you would lose it all if they expired.

According to my (MOTHER'S!) Redspottedhanky account, the vouchers expire 2020, so if they were pulled early that would be very bad customer service. Speculation is pointless, but my excellent past experiences with Tesco convince me that they would resolve ANY problems successfully.

If you have concerns, just don't shop at Tesco and/or convert your Clubcard vouchers to Redspottedhanky e-vouchers! :)

WillPS

Established Member
You do understand it's quite probable that your precious Tesco are in-part responsible for the decrease in value (by demanding more commission).

SS4

Established Member
Atos don't have a good name in the medical world just google them.

Understatement of the century that one :lol:. Their name is often mud inside the DWP too.

I've never really understood loyalty points, they're a cheap trick designed so you buy stuff you don't need to get points you can only spend in a store. Being able to convert clubcard points outside of Tesco is a bonus

island

Veteran Member
Tesco will refund any in-date deal voucher to your account for any reason.

All Line Rover

Established Member
You do understand it's quite probable that your precious Tesco are in-part responsible for the decrease in value (by demanding more commission).

I doubt it. Every time a "reward" has been altered or removed, it was the company offering that "reward" who made the decision - it was not Tesco who tried to change the terms. Perhaps you should enquire with Tesco about Redspottedhanky?

SS4

Established Member
You'd probably find existing vouchers are grandfathered until their expiry date whereas new ones would expire on such a date.

I think this thread has run it's course now though, it's virtually a "let's bash First_Class" thread now

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Just come to this thread.

The number of altered edits make it very hard to follow what's going on with quotes in subsequent posts apparently appearing out of nowhere and it being impossible to see why people have made comments.

All Line Rover

Established Member
Just come to this thread.

The number of altered edits make it very hard to follow what's going on with quotes in subsequent posts apparently appearing out of nowhere and it being impossible to see why people have made comments.

Well you haven't missed much information that was relevant to the thread, so don't worry! :roll:

Urban Gateline

Established Member
Credit to ALR for bringing the change to my attention, it has prompted me to convert some of my Clubcard vouchers into RSH vouchers ASAP!

All Line Rover

Established Member
Don't worry, you've just missed backtracking and changing stories.

Yes, of course. :roll: If this thread gets locked, I don't want to leave any personal information on it.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Credit to ALR for bringing the change to my attention, it has prompted me to convert some of my Clubcard vouchers into RSH vouchers ASAP!

I'm glad it's helped at least one person! :)

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I think this thread has run its course now, so will lock it. :)

ALR - as I said a page or two back, you need to tone down your arrogance a tad, or you run the risk of making anything you say on the forum being ignored or questioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.