Tesco Clubcard to Redspottedhanky warning

Discussion in 'Fares Advice & Policy' started by nedchester, 25 Nov 2018.

1. nedchester

nedchester Established Member

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. Bletchleyite

Bletchleyite Veteran Member

I thought RSH had withdrawn from the scheme?

4. Peter Mugridge

Peter Mugridge Established Member

5. BlueFox

BlueFox Member

More than a few days, it's been going on since last month.

I ordered a RSH voucher from my Clubcard account on 31/10.

After a week it hadn't arrived, so I contacted Tesco via their website. They emailed me and said they'd had some problems, but it should be with me within 72 hours.

Another week went by, and it still hadn't arrived. So I contacted them again.

On Monday I received a phone call from them, and they said the best solution would be for them to cancel the order, then re-raise it. Which they did, and they said I'd have the voucher within 72 hours. That was six days ago, and the voucher still hasn't arrived.

6. nedchester

Which makes you think that Tesco/RSH may be breaking some kind of contract law here by advertising a service and then not making it available.

Reading threads on Twitter it seems some files sending error between the two companies.

I was expecting to exchange over £70 worth of Clubcard vouchers over the next few weeks.

7. BlueFox

BlueFox Member

I've just had another reply from Tesco:

8. gray1404

gray1404 Established Member

I did some around 5 November and it came though onto my RSH account as an evouher 4 and a half days later.

9. BlueFox

BlueFox Member

My voucher has appeared in my RSH account this afternoon. It took 25 days.

10. beeza1

beeza1 Member

Well I for one have heard nothing from RSH regarding the ending of the scheme, I only found out from the forum, admittedly I haven't used them for a while but I did exchange some soon to expire vouchers last August, a quick check today reveals they expire on 22/01/19.
    The value of the voucher is more than the cost of any journey I am likely to make during this period, do I have to spend the whole amount in one transaction or will they credit me the excess?

11. aformeruser

aformeruser Veteran Member

You can spend them over multiple transactions but the booking fee will apply on each direction. However, if you don't use them in full by the expiry date you lose anything you haven't spent.

12. BlueFox

BlueFox Member

I have accounts with RSH with five different email addresses (due to various family members taking part in their fantasy sport competitions). Four of them haven't been used for years. But I still received emails to all five addresses on 5/11 telling me the Clubcard thing is ending, and that their loyalty scheme is ending. Maybe you didn't give them permission to email you?

13. nedchester

14. Puffing Devil

Puffing Devil Established Member

I never managed to get RSH to take part cash/part voucher. Luckily I am down to 10p credit on the booking site and I never need to go back again!

15. jrh2254

jrh2254 Member

Not working on 22nd Dec?
    This product is currently unavailable. We are working with the partner to bring the product back soon. If you currently have Clubcard vouchers to redeem with redspottedhanky, please check back soon to see when these can be used.

Once this product is available again, you will be able to exchange your Clubcard vouchers for this partner until 31 January 2019. Any vouchers you receive must be redeemed within 6 months; the expiry date will be shown clearly on your vouchers.

16. Deerfold

Deerfold Established Member

Presumably you don't have to make your journeys by 22/01/19, just have booked your tickets by then? That should give you a few extra months if you know of any journeys you'll be making.

17. Bletchleyite

RSH appear to have removed their Android app from the store, well, that or marked it incompatible with a stack of phones.

18. gazthomas

gazthomas Established Member

Clicking on the download app link on their mobile website takes you to a third party site, masabi.com (looks like the app developer)

19. Merseysider

Merseysider Established Member Fares Advisor

It wasn’t available when I just looked in the Apple App store, either.

20. nedchester

I did apply for mine Dec 3rd and received my vouchers about a week later.

However, it seems off line again now.....

21. Blinkbonny

Blinkbonny Member

The offer has not been available for weeks now
    Check out the Review section on the Rewards Site as people complain.

Also last time I looked there was also a statement to the effect that the offer had finished despite this contradicting the other statement they are making on the same page.

It's a shambles.

To the person asking can you use your code for more than one journey (assuming you have been lucky enough to have collected one) the answer is yes you can.

22. nedchester

Yes. I had nearly £300 worth of evouchers and have recently just eaten into a few of them. I think I’ve got about £150 left at the moment. Hopefully, I’ll be able to convert a few more Clubcard points before it officially finishes.

23. iancanton

iancanton New Member

can redspottedhanky vouchers gained by exchanging tesco clubcard points be used to buy rail-only season tickets within london?

ian. :)

24. Blinkbonny

Blinkbonny Member

Don't think RSH do season tickets. Never seen them offered.

25. Bletchleyite

They indeed do not.

26. Envoy

Envoy Established Member

I phoned RSH in November to get clarification. They said that I had until the last day of January 2019 to convert my Tesco Clubcard vouchers into rail vouchers and then a further 6 months to purchase actual rail tickets with those rail vouchers. This morning I find this in my inbox from RSH:>
    So, it appears that what they are now saying is that you have until 31 December 2018 to redeem them? Does this mean to actually buy rail tickets with the rail vouchers or convert the Tesco Clubcard vouchers into RSH rail vouchers? I think that it is appalling that they appear to have told me false information regarding 31st January 2019 as being the last day for converting the Tesco Clubcard vouchers and then a further 6 months to use them.

27. Smidster

Smidster Member

My understanding of the e-mail they sent out yesterday was that that was in relation to their own loyalty program and not either the Tesco scheme or existing travel vouchers.

I checked my account and have some actual Rail Vouchers that have an expiry date of Dec 2020 so think I am OK (and don't need to find a way to use them immediately) but obviously if anyone knows differently.

Either way I will plan on using them soon as the company doesn't strike me as being in the rudest of health.

28. Envoy

Envoy Established Member

Many thanks for your swift response. Yes, you are correct in what you say - the e-mail that I had this morning is to do with a RSH loyalty scheme rather than the Tesco voucher scheme. So, we have until 31st January to change our Tesco Clubcard vouchers into Rail Vouchers - which will then have a life of 6 months during which time we can purchase rail travel.

29. Wallsendmag

Wallsendmag Established Member

Isn't Red Spotted Hanky Worldline's in house retailer? Don't worry if Worldline go under a lot of train services won't be running.

30. Bletchleyite

It is indeed. It's mandatory for staff to use it, I understand, as it means (quite sensibly) ATOS/Worldline gets to keep the commission rather than pay it to someone else. (Obviously the booking fee is no issue as they're just paying it to themselves).

For that reason I can't see it actually going away.

31. Wallsendmag

Wallsendmag Established Member

I had heard that Worldline were trying to offload it .