• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tesco Clubcard Vouchers can now be used to purchase Railcards!

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Line Rover

Established Member
£14 of Tesco Clubcard Vouchers can now be used to purchase a 16-25, Family & Friends or Senior Railcard - http://bitURL.net/tescorc.

You are getting 2x the value (as a Railcard normally costs £28), whereas you can get 3x the value for general train travel booked through redspottedhanky.

What on earth will Tesco think of next?! :lol:

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Skimble19

Established Member
Didn't expect that! It certainly is a very good idea though.. and bloody good value too! :lol:

SS4

Established Member
£14 of Tesco Clubcard Vouchers can now be used to purchase a 16-25, Family & Friends or Senior Railcard - http://bitURL.net/tescorc.

You are getting 2x the value (as a Railcard normally costs £28), whereas you can get 3x the value for general train travel booked through redspottedhanky.

What on earth will Tesco think of next?! :lol:

You only have to spend £700 to get the required points too :!:

pemma

Veteran Member

They usually send you bonus coupons four times a year so you could actually get around a few hundred points per year just by handing over coupons at the till (depending how often you shop there and whether they send you bonus coupons for items you want to buy.)

You can also get 100 points for recycling a used ink cartridge and points for recycling an old mobile.

Skimble19

Established Member
Why are you asking us? :/ I'd assume it's yet to be added, same with the Network Railcard.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
I assume the fact that the Disabled railcard is available only by post, and that it is cheaper, has something to do with it.

All Line Rover

Established Member

There are lots of bonus points offers. Some of them even make a profit. (As Yorkie is well aware.) ;)

I wouldn't go for this offer myself, because you can get 3x the amount for redspottedhanky e-vouchers (aka train tickets) whereas you only get 2x the amount for Railcards.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
Also, you have to proper documentary proof of entitlement, such as a letter from the DWP or medical proof to take advantage of it.

route:oxford

Established Member
Just bring on the Network Railcard before the end of September when mine expires.

This is a great offer.

Clip

Established Member
Still not enough to get me to shop at Tesco's ;)

wintonian

Established Member
On the other hand if I could get a bus after lunchtime I would shop their more often. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.