• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tesco Vouchers @ RedSpottedHanky

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanD

Established Member
Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but I've just added a Tesco evoucher to my RedSpottedHanky account and have found that it expires in Jan 2013 (6 months) as opposed to the previous expiry of December 2020. If I'd realised, I'd have waited a bit longer to convert.

Thankfully my previous Tesco evouchers still expire in 2020 so I'll just have to use the new ones first but it's something to be aware of if you're thinking of cashing in loads of vouchers.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

blackfive460

I had reason to email them about this last year and they assured me that the vouchers would not run out irrespective of the date shown.
Might be worth contacting them for confirmation just in case things have changed.

IanD

Established Member
Thanks. I've already emailed them as they also assured me last year that the vouchers would not expire but their website now says they expire after 6 months.

Don't think it would have been difficult for them to email users to advise them of such a change - particularly if the users have asked the question before and been told that they wouldn't expire. I'm pretty sure I ticked the box to allow them to contact me.

snail

Established Member
Thanks. I've already emailed them as they also assured me last year that the vouchers would not expire but their website now says they expire after 6 months.
The website has always shown the validity period as 6 months.

IanD

Established Member
You could be right. I thought it was just the Tesco website that said 6 months but could be mis-remembering!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Had this (somewhat inaccurate) response from RSH:

RedSpottedHanky said:
Thank you for your email.

The e- voucher has always had an expiry date of 6 months. We are sorry that you have been misinformed. If you have e- vouchers that are ready to run out, please call us back and we will change it so you have an extra 6 months on them, as you were told the wrong information.

Status
Not open for further replies.