• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TFGM Rail Rangers - bought on train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapeltom

Established Member
Hi all

I'm out on Saturday, off to Moston in the morning from Chinley then down to Heald Green in the afternoon, before returning to Chinley after.

My planned split is at Strines or Marple, get on the 0755 from Chinley arrive at Picc at 0832 then 0931 from Victoria to Moston.

Can I buy my Rail Ranger (£4.40, obviously no railcard discount on these) on the train, yes or no?

I think I know the answer, but just want confirmation.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Yes you can, bought them many times on the train when there is no ticket office to buy one from. They can either do it as a normal point to point i.e. Bramhall to G M Rail Ranger (I103 is the destination code) or they can do it through the Rover and Ranger menu in Secondary services where it is listed as G M Rail Ranger (Code is GM1). I would be very surprised if you met a guard who cudn't do it as I think it is one of those things that every guard who works the Manchester area (on Northern) knows how to do, even G4S know how to issue them as they do a lot of them.

district

I believe it is available from the rangers and rovers section of Avantix Mobile but I am happy to be corrected.

Edit: Beaten to it! ;)

RGR - DAY RANGER PGM
00000 - ANY PERMITTED

1 Adult @£ 4.40 = £ 4.40

Standard Class Single

Chapeltom

Established Member
I knew it was possible but read somewhere they couldn't be issued on trains. Thanks a lot.

Makes my job on Saturday easier! Never bought one, never needed to do 2 journeys in the GMPTE/TFGM (same thing, stupid name change) area.

scrapy

Established Member
I knew it was possible but read somewhere they couldn't be issued on trains. Thanks a lot.

It's the GMPTE wayfarers which can't be issued on trains. GM Rail Rangers and (System 1) train+bus, train+tram, train+tram+bus can be issued.

Status
Not open for further replies.