• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

tfgm Wayfarer Ticket Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheshirePaul

It is the 1st time I have had a Wayfarer ticket and plan to use it spotting this weekend. The station that is the nearest to where I live that you can use this ticket from is Holmes Chapel, but as I need to Start my journey at Crewe I am going to buy a return from Crewe to Holmes Chapel then use the wayfarer ticket travelling from there around Greater Manchester stations.

My question is that on the Wayfarer leaflet it states that it can be used on Northern, ATW and Virgin. Because only Northern stop at Homes Chapel does this mean because Im using two tickets that I have to use them or can I still get a quicker Virgin or ATW train even tho they dont actually stop at the destination of the split ticket.

Thanks in Advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

button_boxer

Established Member
Neither ticket is a season and they are not both zonal tickets, so you would have to use a train that calls at Holmes Chapel. If you wanted to use Virgin you'd have to buy your ticket from Crewe to Wilmslow (or whatever is the first station valid on a wayfarer at which the Virgin train calls).

Status
Not open for further replies.