• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfL child oyster card

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverfoxcc

Intend taking the two grandkids to London. I have an Oyster card and their parents got them a5-10 card each, which he cannot find!! However i saw this on the TfL site and it looks like they do not need one if accompanied by me
Anyone on Tfl confirm this please?

When you don't need a 5-10 Zip Oyster photocard​

Your child doesn't need a photocard to:

• Travel free on buses and trams
  • Buy child-rate paper tickets (unless they look older than 10)
  • Travel accompanied by an adult on Tube, DLR, London Overground, TfL Rail and some National Rail services

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Yes, that is correct. You need the 5-10 zip card for free travel on: SE, SN, SWR, TL, GN, GA, C2C, GWR, CH unless inter-available fares apply. So the key question really is how will you get to Central London?

silverfoxcc

Mike, just to clarify the scenario. Driving to Kew Gardens District to Tower Hill and return.
As regards getting them through the gates , i guess i would just contact one of the staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.