• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfL place an order on Electrostars

Status
Not open for further replies.

class 313

Established Member
Ive seen some images of the new 376 inside. Its just like a C stock layout. TBH i want the 313s to stay!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

The 376s will be better from a majoritive point of view - ie, the non railway enthusiast club! It's a new train, everyone likes new trains ... wait, except us I mean.

class 313

Established Member
The thing is, no they wont be bette than 313s well from the inside atleast. they will have thin seats with a C stock layout. You call that better?

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Actually, I expect a good proportion of "normals" don't care if the train is new or old, but place much more importance on if it turns up on time, is comfortable enough for the journey they are making, is clean etc. A lot of normals can't even easily tell how old a train is, I've often known them to refer to refurbished trains as "new", sometimes thinking they are newer than trains that are infact newer but not yet refurbished.

332 > 444

Sorry to bring up an old thread but people will notice how the seating layout will be changed and will be more standees, but 3 carriages? The person who thought that up must not have ever been on the NLL.

Funny how before i heard about London Overground i was thinking 376s in 5 car form can run the line, heck only half my dream was right!

T

Tom

3 carriages are a direct replacement for the class 313 units, most platforms can only take 6 carriages at most, so a 3 car formation does make sense.

don24

3 carriages are a direct replacement for the class 313 units, most platforms can only take 6 carriages at most, so a 3 car formation does make sense.

The new order will have much more less seats than the current 313s. Its a damn shame because the trains are always packed when leaving stratford. I really feel a 5 car 378 is needed 1) capacity will rise again and 2) Olympics

I really hate longitudal seating. I would prefer a mixture of Transverse and Longitudal seating.

T

Tom

Yep - it's the problem with universal stock for several services. The ELL comes to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.