• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TfL place an order on Electrostars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian G

Established Member
A quote from another forum
snapper said:
Tfl have ordered 44 Electostars from Bombardier for use on the North London Railway and East London line. They'll be based on SET's Class 376's:

http://paulbigland.fotopic.net/c262189.html

Press release is at:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-centre/press-releases/press-releases-content.asp?prID=882

So, do your 313 bashing whilst you can.

Unless the 313's go over to FCC to enable them to address their overcrowding issues..

I have done plenty of 313 Bashing ;)
As being my local trains, I might miss them a little
The seats on the Silverlink 313 are dreadful, you can even rip off a seat very easily
I remember having this discussion with joea1 on the 313 after seeing 37194 thrash up at Olympia

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

class 313

Established Member
Nooo not the 376 the seats are poo on them things ah well least i have 313s on the watford to euston service

T

Tom

Class 313, the North London RAILWAY consists of the WLL, NLL and DC Lines.

Established Member
24 units ordered - that appears a direct replacement for the SL 313 fleet which has 24 units, 313101-123 and 134. Plus the three 508s.
Obviously this provides units for the DC and Clapham-Willesden on top of the NLL itself. One unit could be saved by the caping of Statford-N.Woolwich, but six car formations are needed badly on the NLL.
In my opinion it leaves the order a few units short of a full 313/508 replacement, but it depends what they do with the DC.

Jordy

Established Member
Class 313:

JulianG said:
Snapper said:
Tfl have ordered 44 Electostars from Bombardier for use on the North London Railway and East London line
Tom said:
Class 313, the North London RAILWAY consists of the WLL, NLL and DC Lines.

So presuming Snapper and TC are right, they will be on the Watford - Euston line.

Jordy

paul1609

Established Member
I reckon there will be announcement of a further order of 377s for Southern shortly to allow the 319s to be cascaded to Thameslink in 2009.

Coxster

Established Member
Some 313s/508s will have to stay as according to the post above this order is not just for the North London routes but also the East London line...

Julian G

Established Member
Speaking of 313s , I've noticed this photo with a good caption Click

This is my own version of the Caption-
Commuters doesn't seem to be bothered with the Northern Belle Pullman Service as they have their own Pullman service everyday which is called "Silverlink Metro" operated by Class 313s

Sprog

Established Member
Speaking of 313s , I've noticed this photo with a good caption Click

This is my own version of the Caption-
Commuters doesn't seem to be bothered with the Northern Belle Pullman Service as they have their own Pullman service everyday which is called "Silverlink Metro" operated by Class 313s

*confused*

T

Tom

44 have been ordered according to TfL.

20 for the ELL, 24 for the NLR.

Guinness

Established Member
Though the North London Railway was the North London Line as seen on Tube Maps.

Remember that this order is for the ELL and the Gospel Oak - Barking Line as TfL want Network Rail to install 3rd Rail to replace 150s.

H

HR2

Remember that this order is for the ELL and the Gospel Oak - Barking Line as TfL want Network Rail to install 3rd Rail to replace 150s.

If that is true [and no doubt it is] it's the best bit of news I have had this week. On my recent trip to London I ventured to suggest to Seth that the units used on the NLL [or their DC equivalents] would be ideal as stopgaps on the Met main to Amersham as well as on the DC to Watford. IF the bloody Croxley link ever gets built interchangeability will be enhanced.

Imagine being on a 313 etc roaring down the hill to Neasden. After all the Met is as much a railway as c2c is. In fact I never knew why the District Railway and LTSR never made a pact to have all day Southend electric trains direct from the city in pre war days. After all the equivalent of Aldgate existed at Whitechapel so trains from Shoebury etc could have used there or Fenny Street. Still, These things are the realms of fantasy.

Established Member
Gospel Oak - Barking Line as TfL want Network Rail to install 3rd Rail

OHLE surely? Then again with this lot....
Needs upgrading to proper signalling headways and weight restrictions, then all the Tilbury/Ripple Lane freight can avoid crossing the lot on the flat at Stratford.

Have heard TfL musings of Barking-Willesden (and beyond) through services, presumably new platforms on the "through" lines at Gospel Oak.?

Also, have TfL any plans for through DC-NLL services via Primrose Hil?

H

HR2

NOOOOO anouther 313 person :| *sigh* i thort i would be the only one, now im upset :(

I like 313's. Don't be greedy and let others share the cake. :-P Think I like 315/317's best of all the AC units. DC units 508's a derivatives. These modern untits look to damn ugly except maybe the 377's. The only fault with those is that the 'Snout' is too big.

class 313

Established Member
mmmmm cake :P i dont like 315s that much but 317s are pretty buzzfire, 319s are the best though! :P electrostars are much better then desiros :P

Sprinter

If the GOBLIN gets electrified, it will be OHLE, as OHLE is already in place between Woodgrange Park- Barking, at South Tottenham and on the NLL Mainline at Gospel Oak.

This scheme will also remove a lot of Tilbury/Dagenham electric hauled freight trains from the NLL Mainline east of Gospel Oak and the fast-slow lines crossover east of Stratford, which will help the busy GEML immensly.

The service pattern will be 4 tph Barking- Clapham J (which is why TfL want the GOBLIN electrified, as it will avoid running diesels under the wires), 4 tph Richmond- Stratford, 4 tph Willesden J LL- Startford via Primrose Hill.

This will give 8tph between Willesden J HL- Gospel Oak and Camden Road- Stratford.

class 313

Established Member
You have seemed to have missed the point julian, when all this upgrade and such is done apparantly there will be no electric freight due to extra trains on the NLL thus taking the 86s with it

Julian G

Established Member
You have seemed to have missed the point julian, when all this upgrade and such is done apparantly there will be no electric freight due to extra trains on the NLL thus taking the 86s with it

Well the 86s will go across London at night just as some of them Do from Tilbury to Coatbridge considering there is not that much Passenger Services Running during the Night and the ECS Moves are also taking place as well, but the ECS Moves to Hornsey from West Anglia Region will now stop as they are all allox to Ilford i believe

Status
Not open for further replies.